spark plug non fouler size for o2 sensor?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Standard size, 18mm spark plug thread is the same. A non-fouler adapter for a big block Ford (360/390) would work. -Farmers in my area use them.

What are you trying to do anyway? :dunno:

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gut my cat and have some fun for the summer.

i was told that i just needed non foulers for the primary and leave the secondary plugged in.

just wanted to make sure its 18mm. thanks

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you drill one fouler, thread the two foulers together and install the rear oxygen sensor (space the sensor away from the exhaust) the cat light will go off even if it has no cat. It makes for a very tall oxygen sensor

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front (pre-cat) sensors need to be left alone, regardless of what you do behind them. they need to be directly in the exhaust stream to work.

Non-foulers on the post-cat sensors may keep the light off. They won't pick up as much exhaust to 'sense', and that may simulate well enough what the computer is looking for after the cat. (less activity). The year of the car will matter in regard to this though. The newer cars have much more stringent catalyst monitor test criteria as you drive the car. It looks for more than just less activity. They are looking more specifically at whats going on with how well the cat is actually working. The non-fouler will not even come close to simulating this.

If it's just for fun for the summer, and you aren't a tree hugger, nevermind about any sensor crap. Just gut the cats, and GO. Drive it with the light on.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front (pre-cat) sensors need to be left alone, regardless of what you do behind them. they need to be directly in the exhaust stream to work.

Non-foulers on the post-cat sensors may keep the light off. They won't pick up as much exhaust to 'sense', and that may simulate well enough what the computer is looking for after the cat. (less activity). The year of the car will matter in regard to this though. The newer cars have much more stringent catalyst monitor test criteria as you drive the car. It looks for more than just less activity. They are looking more specifically at whats going on with how well the cat is actually working. The non-fouler will not even come close to simulating this.

If it's just for fun for the summer, and you aren't a tree hugger, nevermind about any sensor crap. Just gut the cats, and GO. Drive it with the light on.

My ride is an 03. I have gutted the cat and never put on non-fowlers downstream. Never any lights.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the car run rough with engine light on? I herd the car will start dumping more fuel with the light on.

Mine is a 04

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the car run rough with engine light on? I herd the car will start dumping more fuel with the light on.

Mine is a 04
No.
Concerning the post-cat sensors, they have no effect on fuel trim.
They are for catalyst efficiency monitoring only.
If they are defective or unplugged, there is no effect on driveability, just the light on with stored codes.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 2 easy, are all your cats gutted?

I'm going to gut the primary ones on Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't fry the o2 sensors

Thanks Allen ill use non foulers for secondary.

My main objective is to have the loudness of a cold start after warmup. I find that my corssa are very quiet after it warms up.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally did it on Sunday. Other than its a ***** to get off and having take off the sills again because I forgot to tighten it, it's just loud enough.

Ended up installing the foul era for $16

The only thing I hate is the gas smell

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also noticed all my rubber hanger mounts are broken. Does anyone know where I can get replacements?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I would have kept the cats intact and simply replaced them with a pipe. They are expensive to replace if you ever need them to pass inspection. Well maybe you could find a used set somewhere.

OP
OP
A

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to install arh with hi flow along with my magnaflow mufflers.

Why spend 60 bucks for pipes when your going to replace them

Also fools the cops :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi