Splash Brunch Cruise July 15th

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, just getting a a thread going for the Splash Brunch cruise in Westport CT on Sunday July 15th at 10:45 AM. Will post all the details later. You can also go sailing or kayaking next door while you're there, it's a lot of fun! Just ask anyone whose gone before how great the brunch is and how much fun the kayaking is. :headbang: :drive:
Whose attending:
Jimmy & Juliana aka bluequadcab and FANG10

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting at the commuter parking lot off i95 Exit 18 Sherwood Island Connector in Westport CT at 10:30 AM, departing the commuter lot at 10:45 AM. If coming Northbound i95, take a left at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right. If coming i95 Southbound, take a right at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right.

Link to meeting spot: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.12....331552&sspn=0.009116,0.013797&gl=us&t=m&z=16

The buffet price is $30 which includes one drink such as a mimosa. It doesn't include tip or tax.

Here is the route we will take to Splash and if you click the box that says (include large map, you will see a map of the route) : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...m&z=14&layer=c&ei=elX6T6zXBcPhxAG53_3aCw&pw=2

Here is a link to Splash: http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/splash/about-splash/

About Splash Restaurant & Bar

You must be registered for see images
LUNCH NOW OPEN TUESDAY – SATURDAY until MEMORIAL DAY

Located in the beautiful town of Westport in a corner of an historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by The Food Network “best of” New England waterfront dining. Splash has rediscovered its American roots and deftly blends them with Asian accents. Since its opening in 1995, the lively and innovative Splash has attracted many loyal diners and has become a popular meeting place for all Southwestern Connecticut. Like the town of Westport, its interior/exterior combines tradition with vibrant contemporary sensibility.
For simple starters, the Raw Bar proposes chilled Maine lobster, West Coast oysters, and other straightforward seafood delights.
Salads are extraordinary, featuring the signature crispy calamari and roasted chicken salads and green salad with crispy goat cheese dumplings.
You must be registered for see images

Dessert specialties include the Chocolate Pagoda (chocolate tuiles layered with praline mousse, ice cream, and chocolate sauce), banana spring roll (combining bananas with macadamia nuts and pecan and almond cream and gilded in passion fruit and vanilla sauces), and a marvelous mango creme brulee. Adjacent to our main dining room, Splash features a cozy private dining area with fire place overlooking the Longshore Golf Course. Private dining is available 365 days a year. And from May 1st to October 1st, the Patio Bar, under the stars at the very edge of Long Island Sound, becomes the most animated and exciting grown-up playground in Connecticut. In the dining room itself, the small but carefully chosen wine list offers a world’s worth of excellent wines at modest prices.
Splash is owned and operated by the De Caro Restaurant Group, whose other establishment include Baang Cafe & Bar in Greenwich, Connecticut. Splash is located at the Inn at Longshore, 260 Compo Road South, Westport, Connecticut, and is open for Dinner nightly, Sunday Brunch and is also open for Lunch service during the Summer Season from Monday-Saturday. Splash is known throughout the area for catering weddings, receptions, and other special events, both at the restaurant and off-site. For more information, call 203.454.7798.
LocationSplash Restaurant & Bar
260 Compo Road SouthWestport, Connecticut 06880Telephone: (203) 454-7798[For Directions, Click Here]
Spring Hours – Closed on Mondays until Memorial Day
LunchTuesday - Saturday: 12:00PM to 2:30PM
Brunch:Sunday: 11:00AM to 2:00PM
DinnerTuesday – Thursday - 5:30PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday – 5:30PM – 10:00PM
Sunday – 5:00PM – 8:00 PM
Patio Bar will be opening in the middle of May

Winter Hours (December 20th-April 8th)
We are closed on Mondays
Brunch:Sunday: 11:00AM to 2:00PM
Dinner:Tuesday – Thursday: 5:30PM – 9:00PM
Friday – Saturday: 5:30PM – 10:00PM
Sunday: 5:00PM to 8:00PM

If you wish to work off some of the buffet and have some fun on the water, rent a boat, canoe, or kayak from Longshore sailing school. They have lockers available to rent to put your belongings in. Here is the link: http://www.longshoresailingschool.com/boatRentals/?p=boatRentals

Boat Rentals

Boating doesn't get more affordable and hassle free! Whether you walk-in or reserve ahead of time, your boat will be set-up and launched by our courteous staff. We provide life-jackets of all sizes, from children to adults.
The magnificent Westport coastline should be experienced by all. For the fitness minded, try our Hobie Kayaks. Our kayaks are extremely stable and easy to use, requiring no experience. Our staff will have you paddling like a pro in minutes. We also have sailboats for all ability levels, capable of carrying up to four passengers. More experience will be needed if weather conditions are challenging.
All rentals are monitored from shore and safety boats can offer assistance if needed.
Rental Prices

BoatHourly*Capacity
Hobie Getaway$46Up to five passengers
Hobie Wave$36Up to four passengers
Hunter 140$28Up to four passengers
Laser$28One or two passengers
Bug$20Two children or one small adult
Stand-Up Paddleboard$20One person per board
Hobie Kayak (Double)$22Two person Kayak
Hobie Kayak (Single)$18One person Kayak
Canoe$20Up to three passengers

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whose attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie, it's about a 30 (min) ride (15 minutes in the Viper) to karting track. :eater:

Attending:

John & Debbie
Adrian
ViperTony+3
Wizard

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian/Georgia
ViperTony+3
Wizard
Steven/Maria
Joe/Guest
Randy ?
Lou
Hyman ?
Chazz ?

Jimmy, I'm working on others will post ASAP also I might be flying to SC Sat. morning will let you know by Fri.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it for you there ole' yeller :D:

Attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian/Georgia
ViperTony+3 ("Speed of Light")
Wizard + 1 ("Not So Fast Red")
Steven/Maria
Joe/Guest
Randy ?
Lou
Hyman ?
Chazz ?

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I'm watching the weather and as we speak there is a 50% chance of no thunderstorms/rain for Sunday afternoon. And 0% chance of hail. It will actually be the lowest humidity level of the day while we're at Splash. I'll post again tomorrow regarding the weather, so stay tuned. Adrian, any updates on who is/isn't coming?

Attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian/Georgia
Steven/Maria
Joe/Guest
Randy ?
Lou
Hyman ?
Chazz ?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL....no hail! But there is a 50% of thunderstorms? Is the glass half empty or hald full? :D I survived hail, I can survive a thunderstorm! :2tu:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glass is always half full, but not half full of rain or hail. Remember our first ride together to and back from Tatortoga?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glass is always half full, but not half full of rain or hail. Remember our first ride together to and back from Tatortoga?

I remember that ride as well as the ride back from Hopkins that year where we almost got swept into oblivion from the monsoon. Oh the memories! :)

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm watching the weather and it's still 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms. I've had many other events at 60% and we were fine. So for now the show will go on. I'll check again in the morning and post again then. All I can say at this point is if you don't want to get your Viper wet and are concerned about that, take another vehicle or wait for another event with a better weather outlook. Stay tuned for another post in the morning with a go or no go. :cool:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your in Dennis. We are still on. There are some spotty showers on the radar, but none that should come our way.
Attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian/Georgia
Steven/Maria
Joe/Guest
Lou
Dennis

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, I riding solo today and will meet y'all at the meeting point.

Attending:
John & Debbie
Adrian/Georgia
ViperTony("Speed of Light")
Wizard + 1 ("AARP Red Viper Owner's Rep")
Steven/Maria
Joe/Guest
Lou
Dennis

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy thank you for organizing this event, we had a great time!! :2tu:

Tony I'm not surprised the Officer didn't give you a ticket, he must have known you were going as fast as you could go in that color! :D

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason I lost my post. Thank you everyone for coming and the great food and great time. It was just sprinkling as we left. hopefully everyone made it home rain free like we did. :drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy thank you for organizing this event, we had a great time!! :2tu:

Tony I'm not surprised the Officer didn't give you a ticket, he must have known you were going as fast as you could go in that color! :D

Thanks Jimmy for putting this together, I'm still feeling stuffed. I also want to take a moment and thank the Wesport Police Dept for all that they do and didn't do to me this morning. Truly a class act police department. :D

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy for putting this together, I'm still feeling stuffed. I also want to take a moment and thank the Wesport Police Dept for all that they do and didn't do to me this morning. Truly a class act police department. :D

What did you do?:eater:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did like the paint job on their Helicopter! :cop:

That was a nice if not overkill on their part. I know Yellow is fast but a helicopter wasn't really necessary. I also liked the Yellow/Black stripes on the barricade they setup where they pulled me over. 8 police cruisers, barricade, helicopter all for me, I was touched. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R