"Sports Cars to Saline" June 24th

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saline is about 10 miles South of Ann Arbor. They are having their second "Sports Cars to Saline" car show Sunday June 24th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I didn't have my Viper yet last year but went to the show. There was a very impressive turn out last year but there wasn't a single Viper there :(. This year there will be at least one.

Here is a Saline Reporter writeup about last year's show.
http://www.salinereporter.com/stories/062906/loc_20060629005.shtml

The Howell Balloonfest is the same weekend as the Saline car show was last year. I know a group of Vipers went to Howell last year on Sunday. Howell appears to have their car show both Saturday & Sunday.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Saline show parking on pavement, grass, or ?

The Howell Balloonfest public parking on the rolling grass seemed hazardous to spoilers etc, 3 yrs ago. Is the car show parking any better at HOWell?

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Saline show is on the city streets and a parking lot right in the center of town. There was plenty of room around each vehicle also. They grouped the different brands/models as much as possible on the street. The parking lot contained a potpourri of cars.

I wasn't there for Howell last year but there were about a dozen Vipers there if I recall correctly. I think Howell is more of a parade than a car show. Perhaps someone that was there can provide details/impressions.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year's Howell Baloon Fest included both a car show and a car parade on the track.

Howell06m.JPG

We parked on grass, but I didn't see anyone have any problems with their spoilers or anything.

Howell06r.JPG

It was a great event. The drive over there :drive: was fun and the baloons were a hoot to see.

:2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the details of the Saline show -- are there entry forms, what's the fee, do we have to sign up early or as we arrive, etc.?

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The details I have posted at the beginning of this thread is all I have found out so far. They had about 50% pre-register last year but I think we would want to at least let them know how many Vipers to expect if we want to be grouped together. I've sent an e-mail to a member of the Saline Street Machines that is a fellow Viper owner requesting more info.

OP
OP
D

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I was correct on the date but the time was wrong. The correct info is:
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.

I have a registration form that was e-mailed to me. Anyone can P.M. me with their e-mail address if you would like me to forward it to you.
[/FONT]