Spring is here! What is your Zaino technique?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having gotten a PC 7424 for Christmas I spent some time studying the different brands of waxes, swirl removers, polishes, etc., that are the favorites around here. I decided to try out the Zaino brand and just ordered the supplies listed below. I can't wait to try everything out and see if it works as well as many people on here claim. I might experiment first with the PC on my DD before I'm confident enough to try it on Elvira.

ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive 1 $19.95
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes 1 $14.95
Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches 1 $16.95
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray 1 $9.95
Z-7 Show Car Wash 1 $8.95
Z-10 Leather in a Bottle 1 $10.95
314 Zaino Custom Polish Applicator 1 $2.50
Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover 1 $12.95

Last edited:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino works really well for me. I do enjoy being able to polish the car in the sun! It also is a UV40 sun screen for the car.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a nutshell:
Meguiars = 100+ years of making waxes, easily available, forums dedicated to product support, etc, etc.

Zaino = Don't know how long they've been around (too lazy to look up), limited availability, limited support online and more expensive.

I guess I'll Say No to Zaino:rolleyes: , that's why it's called Zaino :D .

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there are fans of all the different products here, I will only stick to the original question. And, to be honest...I know we're not going to change each other's minds anyhow.

First of all..claybar. Claybars work very well, with the appropriate lubricant. I use a little car wash soap in a spray bottle with water. I always clay before polishing, waxing.

As a long time Zaino user, I was anxious to try the new Z-AIO. I used a PC with a finishing pad to apply to a panel at a time. Buffed off with a microfiber before moving to the next panel. This picture is of my Excursion, which had some very light cobwebbing. The Z-AIO removed this, provided a shine, and was an excellent starting point for Z2Pro. (I should add that you could stop with the Z-AIO if you wanted)

You must be registered for see images attach

I then added Z2Pro, and a spray of Z8 afterwards. It takes no longer to apply Zaino than any other product...most of your time should be spent in prep, clay, etc...regardless of the final step wax/sealant you use.

I would recommend Z-AIO to start, finish with Z2Pro. Z8 is just icing on the cake. In fact, I use Z8 after each wash as a booster.

The new Clear Seal also is nice and may be used on plastic textured trim, etc. I use that too for a quick touch-up after a wash sometimes.

If you want unbiased detailing information try a site like detailersclub.com....not a maker's site.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt- that was a short post for you on this topic, but great pic. You've always provided the best info on this topic in the past IMO. (not just because I agree with you)

I have been using Zaino for the better part of 10 years now on Viper's I have owned. I use Mequire's on my Lexus. Both cars are blue and I've tried swiching products on the cars, but I've stuck with what works best for each.

However, I think I'm going to try the new Z-AIO Matt mentioned above before the Z2 next time.

BTW- I hung my Christmas lights on my house two years ago in the reflection of the roofline in this pic! :)

4624DSC00065.JPG

4624DSC00544.JPG