Spring Opener Newport Mansion Cruise

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This year we are heading to Rhode Island on Sunday April 25th, 2010 to visit one of the mansions on Bellevue Ave. We always have a great turnout for our spring opener. It’s probably because we have been cooped up inside the house for the past few months :omg:. We will head south towards Newport, RI and drive through the old town of Newport with the cobblestone streets. Newport is a nice, quaint, and historical town and the views are awesome. We will then cruise down :drive: Ocean Drive and arrive at the mansion. I’m trying to get permission for us to get a picture of our Vipers in front of the Rosecliff Mansion. If that fails we will find another place for a nice photo. If I can’t get permission for a photo there, we will tour the Marble House instead. The Marble House has audio tours available. After we tour the mansion we will then drive to a nice restaurant:eater: on the water in Newport. I’m still putting together all the final arrangements. If you have never been to Newport before, you will enjoy this cruise :2tu:. I just wanted to keep everyone updated on where we are going. I’ll be updating this page as we get closer to the event.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys I wish I could be with you, I was born and raised in Newport until I went to college and moved away. I'm currently in Ohio. Newport is a great
place to visit. May I suggest "The Black Pearl" it is known for Its clam
chowder. I know you can find info on Newport on the internet although here's
a lead. Home - Newport Mansions

I have a friend Dave Oakley who works in the historical society his Phone # is: (401) 846-2230 He may be able to help you contact the correct person or even have a little clout in helping with your plans.
Tell David, Peter Beekman says Hi.
Good luck!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope everyone has a great time. Once again I'm going to miss out on cruising Newport. If this weather keeps up, I'll be on the road before you know it! Maybe early April???

Can't wait....

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Pres.
Maria and I are looking forward to the cruise....:drive:
Pray for a dry sunny day....:sun:....
May the sky-deamons be kind....:rain:....:nono:

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel spring in the air!!!!!!! :flowers: Yahoo!!!!!:2tu: Changing the baby's Diapers and Cleaning her all up for another great vipering season.....Can't wait.....:drive:

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick. I was planning on going. But since the VCA says I have not been a member for a year or so, tell them they can keep last years dues because I did attend a bunch of events. As far as this year tell them to refund me my dues and I wont attend any.

Peter

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick. I was planning on going. But since the VCA says I have not been a member for a year or so, tell them they can keep last years dues because I did attend a bunch of events. As far as this year tell them to refund me my dues and I wont attend any.

Peter

Whats up with this?

Hey Rick fixy this ......
I aint go in if Pete aint go in

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Peter
I didn't mean anything by that letter. I was just trying to get past members to rejoin the club. Your name was on both list that I recieved from VCA for present and past members. Sorry just a mistake, hope you and Ann will reconsider. See you soon . Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Spring Opener is a little over a week away, we are all hoping for good weather. We have over 20 people going on the tour. There are still a few people who are sitting on the fence. It's the Spring Opener, we need to see all the updated modifications done to the Viper over the winter time. Plenty of spots avaiable. On the way back from Newport we will drive by the Newport Naval Base and you will be able to see the Aircraft carrier, it's huge!!!!. Drop me an email it you are coming. Thanks Rick

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I can not help with that request.
I was in the Navy ....2nd Class petty officer....:usa2:
That's nowhere near the "Brass level".....

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well my car is finnally finnished runs incredible looks fantastic i might go if i can get out of all the familly events that weekend

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Glenn is doing a pick up point at exit 2 off of RTE 93 in NH at the park and ride if anyone would like to meet up with him. Let me know if you are interested so I can let Glenn know you will be meeting him there. Rick

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Glenn is doing a pick up point at exit 2 off of RTE 93 in NH at the park and ride if anyone would like to meet up with him. Let me know if you are interested so I can let Glenn know you will be meeting him there. Rick

Which way would Glenn and crew be driving? If they go down 495 I might pick them up when they pass Hopkinton.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hello: Pilots;
Notice to Exit #2 gathering ....8:30 is the targeted time and the departure is 9 am. My phone # is 603-234-9292 if you are running late and need to contact me.
Going thru Bosten via 93 will be the fastest but the roads are rough after the tunnel.
If we travel using Rt 128/95, it will add about 10 min. to the ride time...:drive:..
Rt 495 can be considered but it will add more 20 min. time to the cruise time + there seems to be more police pressure....:cop:...
So what do you think guys, any thoughts ??

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, what time are you heading down? Marge and I might be able to hook up with you on 495 somewhere.

Glenn, my opinion would be to take 495. The road is in better shape then what your looking at and may have less traffic as well. Although, they have been running radar pretty heavily recently along that route, but for the drive comfort it may be worth it to take the chance. I've gone by them in my truck at 75 and they haven't bothered me or anyone else at the speed. Keep to the center or inside lane, usually that's the safest. Passing lane is open season.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys;
We can cruise down Rt 495 :drive: and pick up cars along the way. I will need to know what exits are set up as pick-ups spots.
Probably a good idea to forward your cell number to me so we can keep in touch as we get closer.:phone:
Glenn is 603-234-9292 cell
Maria is 603-234-2929 cell:notworthy:

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn, I'll let George pick a meeting spot and time, he's south of me, but hooking up should not be a problem. I think 495 is your better choice, that 128/95/93 route is rough especially on the cars, the road is all chewed up. On 495 south, you take exit 7A. That will place you on 24 North. After you pass the service area on 24N you take the 104 exit. At the end of the ramp take a left and go over 24 and take the exit for 24S. Service area is on the right.

see ya, jack
978-660-8911 cell

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, et al. I'll be getting on 495 at exit 21 - Hopkinton N. Main Street. Haven't thought about the time. Jack if you want to meet drive down 495 get off at exit 21 for Hopkinton. There are a couple of gas stations right off the exit we could meet at. What time were you thinking of leaving?

Glenn, my cell is 917-733-4555. Let me know if you decide to take 495. Jack and I could then meet you around exit 21.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure 495 is the better route, Jack I can meet up with you and travel to the Hopkinton exit if thats ok, I am coming out of Townsend Ma just name a spot and time and I can be there.

Bill

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here Is a List of people who I have going to the Spring Opener.
1. Rick & Paula
2. Martin
3.Jack & Margie
4. Rod & Stharon
5.George & Brenda
6. Dave Kenny
7. George and Carol
8. Craig & Wife
9. Glenn & Maria
10. Steve & Pia
11. Alex & Stacey
12. Bob Cohn & son
13. Dick Kearns & Guest
14.Carlo & Silivia
15. Cathy & Bill
If you are not on the list let me know. I need to give a head count. Still time. Let me know.
RICK

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow the sun, :sun: WoW the sun.....it is beautiful out there at the moment.7:30 am.
Really a shame that we have to cancel the event but the weather is going to turn crappy the further you go south you go.:rain:
North will be nice.
Dam what to do , what to do.....:dunno: