SRT-10 in Colorado!

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a pleasant surprise to roll into the Doubletree motel last Wednesday in Durango, Colorado and find a group of Chrysler products with Mich Mfg plates including an SRT-10 and Ram SRT-10. One of the engineers was hanging around and told me the Viper had a 2004 drivetrain, but wouldn't say what differences there were, if any. They were in route from Arizona to Frisco, Colorado for altitude testing of engine control modules. I missed VOI7 and this was my first look at the new Viper. Yes, the swoopiness and Badass look of our cars was missing, but the car did have a hunkered down look that I liked.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my weekly trips from western Kansas to Denver I would see numerous new Ram configurations (all red with black rims) going to and from Denver (before they were available commercially). There would usually be 2 or 3 in a group. I'd also see them descending into Denver from the mountains. I'd love to see a new snape on these trips.

OP
OP
J

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ron. Colorado folks do have creative vocabularies. I suppose you Wyoming boys might say "shucks that there car is mighty cool" or something like that. Nice to hear from you! Did you sell your yellow GTS in to make room for your "SWOOPY" 03?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is quite a find, I don't see many Vipers out here in Colorado (especially this time of year), but to find a 2003!!! Wow... The car looks pretty cool in person, you were very lucky. Isn't there still snow up there? Did they have snow tires on it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang