SRT-10 Swing Arm Oil Pan Special!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why is this better than the comp coupe oil pan?
Thanks

As you no doubt have heard, there have been many engines lost even with Comp Coupe Systems installed. Reasons:

-The Comp Coupe Pan's pickup sits too far forward in the pan, making starvation under acceleration possible.

-The swing arm only swings towards the passenger side of the pan, in effect solving one issue, and not fixing the next in line. (while also creating the above issue)

-They are limited by the OEM Pan Baffle system, which was never intended for use with the Swing Arms, and in fact some of the baffling needs to be removed for the swing arm itself to be installed. The new pan is specifically designed and optimized for use with a swinging pickup.

-The Comp Coupe Pan's sump area is not sealed, allowing oil to slosh out from this area under hard manuevers away from the pickup where it is supposed to be.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dan,
I'm one of "those guys" that has the CC oil pan in my 05 vert and managed to spin 2 bearings, weck a couple of pistons...etc. All repairs were covered and I have a bit more time on the warranty. Of course I am concerned about it happening again. I know you have been working on a couple of different solutions with great success. My first question is would your pan and swing arm be looked upon favorably in a warranty repair situation. And not to steal thunder from your original post but could you briefly discribe your other oiling solutions

Dave

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,
I'm one of "those guys" that has the CC oil pan in my 05 vert and managed to spin 2 bearings, weck a couple of pistons...etc. All repairs were covered and I have a bit more time on the warranty. Of course I am concerned about it happening again. I know you have been working on a couple of different solutions with great success. My first question is would your pan and swing arm be looked upon favorably in a warranty repair situation. And not to steal thunder from your original post but could you briefly discribe your other oiling solutions

Dave

Hi Dave,

I cannot see them denying a warranty claim with our system if they did not with a Comp Coupe system. When you boil it down, they are mopar Viper parts at the base, so they really have no grounds for such a claim. There will of course be some dealers who wil try to weasel out of anything, but it doesnt sound like you are dealing with one.

We currently have two options for 03-06 SRT's, both of which are based on the 2008 systems, one in part, one in full.

1. The system for sale in this thread, which is a bolt-on system much like the Comp Coupe oil pan upgrade. It replaces the pick-up and pan, fixing the root cause of the oil system issues in the Gen-3's.

2. The full upgrade kit, including the pan, pick-up, high-volume oil pump, new 08 pressure relief valve, timing cover, water pump, belt, alternator, balancer, belt, etc.... literally every single part from the bottom and front of the engine, as well as a few custom parts for fitment. (cannot currently be installed with Paxton SC's due to blower bracket differences, will adapt with '08 Paxton kits sure to hit the market in the future, or 1-off kit could be made if of critical importance)

The 2008's have an entirely revised oil system designed to ward off problems in multiple stages. The pickup is the major issue on 03-06's, however the pressure relief valve and oil pump are certainly not the best out there either. The pressure relief valve has spiking issues, and the oil pump is slighty too small for the new bearing design in 05-06. The oil gallery design also leads to oil aereation as well due to the valves bleed off being so close in proximity to the inlet for the oil pump. However, their flaws do not readily surface until the pick-up fails, so they are not the primary concern in most cases.

We offer both versions as the high-volume version is limited in its application, and far and above what most cars require. We did develope the high-volume kit however for the big-power TT cars, cars tracked regularly and/or seeing very high RPM's for extended time, and those cars requiring more oil system flow volume.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Is this a DIY project? I guess my real question is can it be done with ramps/jack stands (I don't have a lift)?

Ron

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

Is this a DIY project? I guess my real question is can it be done with ramps/jack stands (I don't have a lift)?

Ron

Yep, it most certainly can be done with a set of ramps or jack stands, just takes a little longer. The only critical tool that some DIYers may not have is a decent set of torque wrenches for Inch and foot pounds.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Still have 2 available from this offer! I will extend the offer through the end of March or until they are sold.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like cheap insurance for a gen 3. Not necessary of course if you only turn left on entrance/exit ramps and oval tracks. What were they thinking (smoking/drinking) when they passed on a left turn only design? GTS Bruce

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Great offer can I take one please and will you ship to the UK on my UPS account??

How would you like payment?????

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

Great offer can I take one please and will you ship to the UK on my UPS account??

How would you like payment?????

Hi Paul,

Not a problem at all. A Visa/MC/Disc/AMEX payment option is available through the website, that would be easiest I think.

Please order through the Website, and select whatever shipping option is cheapest. The order wont process until I tell it to, and I will edit the amount charged to reflect the (lack of) shipping cost. Please remember to include your UPS Account Number in the "Order Memo" field.

<The original (5) Pans on Special have already been sold, however Special Pricing willl be honored through the end of March for anyone looking to purchase>

Thanks,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, we have to lift our special pricing early. We have run into supplier issues after the rush of orders for these, and are having trouble securing the components to build these right now. All orders in the system as of today should be able to be filled without a problem, however part of this item is on restriction right now.

We are checking possibilities of outsourcing the restricted component and having it built elsewhere, as well as slowly stockpiling them for any future orders whenever we have the ability to get one, needed or not.

Please dont hesitate to place orders for this product. You will not be billed until we have building components in-hand, though this is certainly a first-come, first serve product at this time.

Thank you,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Three more on the way; ETA end of this week.

[If you are thinking about ordering, DO IT NOW! No idea how long these three will last or how long to get more!]

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Three in stock as of today, available for immediate retrofit & shipping within 1 business day.

Thank you,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Back on Special until April 30th!!!

949.00, IN STOCK!

Install one this weekend!
<1 Day Build Time while in stock

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, very nicly engineered item looks like it will solve all the know problems on the GEN III

I don't track mine that much but the added security and peace of mind is what made me buy it.

Well, plus the fact that we get no warranty on our cars in the UK

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, very nicly engineered item looks like it will solve all the know problems on the GEN III

I don't track mine that much but the added security and peace of mind is what made me buy it.

Well, plus the fact that we get no warranty on our cars in the UK

Thanks Paul,

I'm glad to hear it made it to you OK! I was half expectig a call from Customs telling me it was stuck there- as I filled out the paperwork, I noticed I didnt have your phone number, and customs usually likes to call about incoming deliveries. Either way- Glad to see you have it in hand, and are good to go. You wont have to worry about those oiling issues any longer. I always found myself taking it easy on turns back when I first got my car... even at a subconscious level.

Thanks again,

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep not easy to take a high speed turn with one eye on the oil pressure guage, even though you know by the time the gauge is down so is the engine !!!