SRT Engineer Chat HERE on January 16th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick question and a comment.

During the last SRT chat I asked if there was any desire to bring back previously offered Mopar Performance parts for us Gen II guys. The ACR wheels and some other engine goodies have been discontinued. There are now quite a few guys out here who actually wrench on there cars and would love to have these parts available. Any news?

Now from my view as an absolute gearhead, it must be awesome to be designing and developing cars that have eclipsed the once great muscle car era by a unbelievable margin! I really envy you guys and can't help but think that the next few years may really be interesting for the auto industry in general. Thanks guys, Armen

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see the '08 SRT10 has a tall computer module and welded bracket under the DRIVER'S seat, a "Viper First". Is there any reason we cannot carefully relocate this module to the seat bulkhead, and lower the seat 2" ? The wiring looks easy to move. I think a few Vipers get sold just beacuse the Driver's seat could be lowered!

Last edited by a moderator:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Q: SnakeEye: Is there an easy fix to address the trunk lid not fully releasing when using the fob?

A: Two things you can look at: 1. make sure your striker is centered to the latch. 2. Try turning down the rear rubber overslam bumpers so they engage a the fascia a little more. This may increase the force needed to close the liftgate a bit but it should improve the pop up.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During your last visit with us you mentioned we (Dodge) would be ready for whatever Chevy was planning and what ultimately emerged as the ZR1. Was our (Dodge's) response to the ZR1 the ACR?

Yeah, and you'll like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
For us tall guys (6'4"), is the headroom/legroom in the '08's identical to the 03-06 cars? I can't imagine it'd be any different unless the seats are different, but just wondering.

The seats for the 2008 are the same as the 03-06 in terms of headroom. Jon B at Parts Rack might be able to help you. The passenger seat for 2008 cannot be modified because it includes an occupant classification system sensor.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Another reply for Schulmann on differentials:

There was no difference between the '03 to '06 Viper rear differentials... all were the Dana Hydra-Lok type differential. The '08 Viper differential is an all-new GKN speed sensing ViscoLok. The ViscoLok has quicker response time and significantly improved performance compared to the previous diff. The Dana ring and pinion and the axle housings are the same as the '03 to '06 parts. The '08 axle/diff as a complete assembly will bolt right into an '03 to '06 car... only the internal ViscoLok differential and the side 'stub' shafts are new.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question and a comment.

During the last SRT chat I asked if there was any desire to bring back previously offered Mopar Performance parts for us Gen II guys. The ACR wheels and some other engine goodies have been discontinued. There are now quite a few guys out here who actually wrench on there cars and would love to have these parts available. Any news?

Now from my view as an absolute gearhead, it must be awesome to be designing and developing cars that have eclipsed the once great muscle car era by a unbelievable margin! I really envy you guys and can't help but think that the next few years may really be interesting for the auto industry in general. Thanks guys, Armen

Sorry, no there has been no further action taken on reviving these parts. You can make you wishes be heard by calling 888-528-hemi.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is the PENALTY for ordering an ACR with satellite radio and nav system option?
{There oughta be a law.......}

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the rears, have you seen many failures on the 03 -06, or was the change mostly for the increased horsepower

KarenPeterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to hold you all to that - I'll arrange through VCA and I'll buy! You guys deserve a lot of credit for creating such an amazing vehicle.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sorry, about 15 of us would like to have a beer with Karen!!" Jeez you guys are cheap. One beer for sixteen people?! Seriously, thank you for your answers so far. They are very helpful.

KarenPeterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a short torso - seeing over the hood. I assume I can modify but was wondering if there has been a mod in the '08 (versus gen 3) to assist those of us that are height challenged.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
What have you observed on the standard '08? Any difference between the coupe/convert?

The non-ACR Coupe and Convertible went 202 mph, average in both directions to cancel out wind. The '08 Convertible went 197 with the top down. We had to go to TRC to go that fast. The Chelsea and Arizona proving grounds ovals are too small.

It is "breezy" with the top down though!

Last edited:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
The Penalty for NAV is:

For the record: Nav will set ya back about $1800. With respect to weight:
********** Package vs. NAV w/Satellite is aprx 23lbs.
*NAV w/Sat vs. Base Radio is aprx. 1lb.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
As far as the rears, have you seen many failures on the 03 -06, or was the change mostly for the increased horsepower

THe '03-'06 diff doesn't have problems. The '08 differential was upgraded to handle the higher output of the new motor. We went after improving the diff while we were in there changing stuff.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I completely drain and flush every bit of coolant in my 2000 ACR. Can I switch over to the longer life red coolant like the newer Vipers have? If not what element in my Gen II is prohibiting that changeover?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one additional question. Why the change back to dual throttle bodies on the 08 compared to the 06?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta run, thanks for your time and your dedication to producing such awesome vehicles.:2tu:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
I see guys changing their wheels on Gen 3's frequently for weight savings. I understand the Gen 3 wheels are designed to withstand a flat and get you home safely on run-flats. Meaning that the wheel is heavy and robust. But I am worried that going to lighter wheels throws off my suspension tuning, since I often drive my Viper at speeds of 160 mph plus, I dont want any surprises in handling/braking...is it smart to switch to lighter wheels on Gen 3's?

The ride quality might suffer a little bit, but the handling should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave