SRT Engineer Chat HERE on January 16th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
What type of coating is used on the exterior of the Gen II blocks. I noticed a section beginning to bubble near the thermostat housing. When I swapped over to the JM heads, I also noticed the coating was not on the factory cylinder heads. Is there a specific reason for this?

The Gen 2 block had a silver powder coating. Sorry to hear the coating has a bubble. There are some spot repairs that can be used for powder coating defects (or quite honestly a standard paint that matches in color will do the job).
You are correct, the factory Gen 2 heads were not coated. With the very high temps near the exhaust ports even powder paint would suffer (the heat rejection isn't as good either.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Q: Tusc: Speaking strictly of past products which are entering service shortly, was the current '08 ACR developed as an intended counter move to Chevrolet's then-proposed ZR1?

A: The ACR was developed to satisfy our passionate track-going customer base. The ACR and the ZR1 are very different cars. The ACR has an optional "*********" package. The ZR1 has an optional "Luxury Package". Doesn't that say it all?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We checked the Caliber SRT4 forums today and expected some questions from them tonight. Looks like they missed out, cause we were ready!

SRT TEAM, thanks so much for taking time out of your day to join us and answer questions!!! I'm not sure if folks from other SRT car forums knew about your presence on ViperClub.org tonight, but if they did, you're right they missed out on a rare opportunity!

As announced, the chat was from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Officially, it's now over, but as long as you guys would like to hang around and respond to any last minute questions, we're thrilled to have you.

You guys are a world class group who built a world class car...in the immortal words Bill and Ted...Dudes, you rock!!!

Questions asked after this post may or may not be answered by SRT.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Not sure this question was answered....

What is the weight of the new optional razor wheel compared to the standard 5-spoke?

Thanks again for your passion and hard work!

Unfortunately, I can not find the wheel weights right now. We can post them next time. However, I can tell you that the 5 spoke, H spoke, and razor wheels are very similar in weight. The only production Vipers wheels that are significantly different in weight are the Sidewinders (approx 30 lbs per vehicle).

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll shout this, I WANT A NEW ACR! :headbang:

Thanks Again for your time and awesome skills.:usa:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miami is a great place to test Vipers at this time of year. Hint. Hint. The Stone ***** are fantastic. Ask Herb.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Reply for viperjim on optional rear gear ratios:

It is very costly to validate optional gear ratios for production due to fuel economy regulations, pass-by noise testing (another federal regulation), etc., etc. The 3.07 has always been the best choice... so that's why we've tried to have alternatives available thru Mopar. Let us know what you want.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We checked the Caliber SRT4 forums today and expected some questions from them tonight. Looks like they missed out, cause we were ready!
There were a few people from non-Viper SRT forums who stayed away this time as in a previous Viper session they received responses about being in the "wrong" forum/session.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alrighty...10 minutes of no posting, we'll call this goose cooked and close it up! Thanks again SRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth