SRT Irony

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, no cup holder and no cruise (features I would KILL for!)

...but

POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS?

I would just about KILL to remove that option.

You do realize that if you break you $1 plastic gas pedal, you have to replace the entire $1200 pedal assembly!

So I guess this new pedal assembly will be about $2000.

Do we need a reality check?

...or am I just stupid?

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my GTS it is plastic. I don't remember what it was on the SRT I drove at VOI - maybe it's metal.

I still can't believe they motorized the pedals....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the PVO / SRT discussion forum session at VOI7, they were initially strongly against the motorized pedals, but apparently the reason for the motorized pedals was because it involved less weight.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me what people will take the time to complain about regarding this car! The pedal definitly wasn't plastic, it was metal of some sort, looked like aluminum, and how could anyone know whether the whole assembly would have to be replaced or not at this point? They did talk about this at the seminar at VOI, Helbig was originaly against it, but for some reason all were convinced including Herb the there were weight saving and other advantages. They then joked that they thought about making the dead pedal power adjustable! By the way that thingie that they say is NOT a cupholder will be used by many for that purpose, I tried, fit nicely. Cruise is also an easy addition. I can't count how many aftermarket cruises I have put on cars.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, don't you think that once they hit those mean *** breaks once with a drink in that shallow ash-tray hole that the mess might cause them to reconsider? I can't imagine a full can of pop staying put in a fast braking scenario!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. It will be a bad idea. I personally don't allow liquids OR food in my car. My point was a lot of people will try it, probably of the right seat opposite chromosome variety. See how I said that without offending Janni or Laura or Nadine....RIGHT SEAT!

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You do realize that if you break your $1 plastic gas pedal, you have to replace the entire $1200 pedal assembly!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to go to the dealer to replace it. The small Pep Boys by me has the plastic Viper gas pedal in stock, on the shelf, under $10.

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope you can reach the motor control while in your 5 point harnesses. I constantly find that I buckle up at the track only to find that I want to fine tune my pedal location !

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI, the adjustment toggle (looks just like our window switches) is in the same place as the manual adjuster is in now.

So, you still have to reach down below the steering column. I would guess you could always move the switch to another location if you wanted easier access.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the power adjustment switch is in a place that won't cause me to spill my coffee or soda ("pop" to you daggon heartlanders...), drop my cheeseburger, or burn the seat too badly with my cigarette. It's hard enough already on the Gen II to adjust the pedals while the dog is trying to lick up the ice cream spill on the console...then the smell of burning dog hair when you rest your smoke in the ashtray...sheesh

Ah, the challenges of Viper cruising.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, ha---George----TRIVIA DEPT:
The new power pedal adjust switch is slightly easier than twisting the existing knob---you seem to be able to get away with stretching just a few inches less to hit that new switch (and no, it won't get activated by mistake.)
Jeff
PS My Komondors never ride in my Viper.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang