SRT Live Chat - June 13th at 6:00 PM EDT - be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the government dictates the size of the individuals we have to accomodate in the seat package. We think you fall outside their criteria.

Did some of the government rules change? I fit OK in the '96 GTS I had, but I can't sit in the new coupe, and I won't purchase something where I don't fit.
Please note there are more successful TALL people (and they have the $$$).:2tu:

PBR

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. A few months ago I purchased a 2007 Charger SuperBee, and I see the car regularly run around 215 degrees. It's been hot here, but is that normal for the 6.1L Hemi?

2. I have a 2001 ACR, and I've really been considering putting a softer spring on the car (particularly the rear) since it spends most of its' time on the road. Anything about shock adjustment I should be aware of when I make this spring change?

Thanks very much for your time SRT!!!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the government dictates the size of the individuals we have to accomodate in the seat package. We think you fall outside their criteria.

And that is why Andrew and other tall Viper people need to back Fred Thompson for President once he announces.LOL

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many that lower their car via i.e. Eibach springs, are there any disadvantages lowering the car regarding the half shaft angles, spring rate, dampers, or etc.. ?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, just to recap, there is no exhaust leak. This was on a stock 2000 ACR. This issue has been documented for years.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Any thought of true paddle shifters? (Not the automanual system, but a real system ala Ferrari)

Thanks for answering all these questions :)

We have had that debate more than once.....the team has consistently decided that paddles are not in the true spirit of our back to basics.......we like clutch pedals...

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
It's not discolored, It has crystallized and crumbled away revealing the inner core. I believe that the intense heat of the cats and possible galvanic action have destroyed the material. The simple fact is that the O.D. of the cat is such that continuous contact with insulative material can't be avoided. I unhappily switched to high flow cats in order to minimize this problem. The high flow cats have a much smaller O.D. and length which helps to minimize the contact potential. I do question the high flow cats efficiency though, as the overall section width is reduced. At this point, I would just be happy if the dealer offered these parts. I'm a perfectionist, and this REALLY bugs me. Any solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Armen

There is sometimes contact between the catalyst and the sill insulation, we run endurance cycles like this without seeing the problem you experience.

The only way I could see this happening is if you have an exhaust leak dumping hot gasses directly onto the insulation.

Check your exhaust for leaks.

With regard to high flow cats - needless to say this would make the car non compliant with emissions.......

I don't know how to help you out with the new heat shields, they are part of the sills and you really have to get the whole assembly.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
1. A few months ago I purchased a 2007 Charger SuperBee, and I see the car regularly run around 215 degrees. It's been hot here, but is that normal for the 6.1L Hemi?

2. I have a 2001 ACR, and I've really been considering putting a softer spring on the car (particularly the rear) since it spends most of its' time on the road. Anything about shock adjustment I should be aware of when I make this spring change?

Thanks very much for your time SRT!!!!

1. Normal. The T-stat is 205, not 190 and goes full open at about 215.

2. Be wary of lightening up the rear spring without bringing the front down to maintain your handling balance. You really need to tune the setup at the racetrack and on the street to make sure you have a safe setup for emergency handling. A softer spring of the same length will also sit lower. You need to do your homework on this one.

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regard to all the onboard "computers" and complex electrical devices, what hope is there in 30 years time that these components will be available when future enthusiasts decide to restore these Vipers?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post a dyno graph of the 2008 Viper? I think that many of us would like to compare the power curve of the 2003 through 2006 models with the 2008 model. I realize the 2008 model has mor HP but it does not have that much more torque unless it comes in earlier in the curve.

We will be actualy doing the certification runs in front of a Inspector next week.

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our smart ass engineers had the following answer......" ask him if he's afraid the clutch pedal will wrinkle his skirt"......

I'm not Scottish :)

It looks like I'm going to need knee replacement surgery in a few years. Hence the question.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our smart ass engineers had the following answer......" ask him if he's afraid the clutch pedal will wrinkle his skirt"......
:hahaup: :lmao: :rolaugh:

And while I am no doctor, we have had a few friends (and a few fellow Viper owners) get knee replacements and they were walking, playing golf - and driving Vipers within a month or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth