SRT Live Chat - June 13th at 6:00 PM EDT - be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insulative material is bonded to the side sill with a few small blobs of adhesive. My insulation came right out of the side sill. I cleaned it and the inside of the side sill and applied a few blobs of high temp RTV. If the material was available, it would be an easy fix. Thanks for responding.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insulative material is bonded to the side sill with a few small blobs of adhesive. My insulation came right out of the side sill. I cleaned it and the inside of the side sill and applied a few blobs of high temp RTV. If the material was available, it would be an easy fix. Thanks for responding.

I've seen used side sill insulation for sale periodically. However, I purchased what looked to be the identical stuff that is in the inside of the Comp Coupe (self adhesive, insulating material with a heavy quilted aluminum shell) from BSR Products (NASCAR supply shop) in Charlotte. Not sure this is the same stuff in the street car, but if it is - perhaps it's a better alternative to the crunchy metal stuff in the Gen II cars. We've added some to the racecar and it survives probably more extreme conditions than the street car - i.e. sustained higher RPMs (however, the sill has much better ventilation) Anyway - hope that might help.

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about future availablilty of onboard computers in 30 years time for future restorers?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. I hope that you all enjoy many more years as an SRT engineering team. In that regard, are any retirement parties coming up or will the team stay intact for awhile?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Camfab,

Try ATP wrap for your sills. Works very, very well.

Dan

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well folks, that wraps up another exciting SRT Engineer chat here on the VCA forums! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We are going to lock up this thread and appreciate your attendance!

Status
Not open for further replies.