SRT Viper Cup in 2013?

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The schedule for the 2013 NARRA season will be released at the PRI Show the end of this month and it will include the SRT Viper Cup.

The ACRX was not sold with any racing stipulations but we definitly need to get more of you guys to the NAARA events. if your not comfortable in the race groups there are other options for you.

Tom Francis
Viper Race Headquarters

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, great to hear this. The SoCal group would appreciate any influence you might have with NARRA to get an event back here. The core group of 8-10 regular drivers has lot's of alternatives, but a NARRA event with their viper influence, instructors who know vipers, etc., would bring out 20 plus members who are novice to intermediate. I'm sure Kurt would appreciate a short tow and I'd bet Michael VonQ would bring his two X's down from Vegas ASAP and Mr Greenberg would bring out his Oreca car. Thanks! Mike

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
srt dumping a ton of interest back into road course will make this sport regain popularity... and maybe cheaper prices all the way around on all types of parts and tires..? if more people start tracking?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont really know that much about Gen V motor other than its forged but I think the current X motor, clutch and trans were developed for endurance racing. I dont expect that from a street motor, eg., current ACR. I imagine the GTS-R has some mods to the stock motor for durabilit and performance.

Tom, To be honest I am not confident my ACR is suited for endurance racing and I bought it just a few weeks before the X was announced so I was kinda left out in the cold on that one! I hope NArra will return to Utah (or High Plains in CO). I enjoyed RA despite having trailer breakdown en route, getting there late and fighting mechanical issues all weekend! NARRA is the complete package now and looking forward to more events in 2013. i think Cali would be great and Infinion or Mazda would be superior venues! I personally dont carry rain tires and the East coast venues with 20-30 hr hauls always a concern...COTA will be awesome! Maybe a West and East regional? Keep up the support!

Last edited:

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be at PRI myself and it may be out just before that.

Steve, Thanks, actually it was back to back to back. This was my fourth championship in the last five years in GT-2. Next year I'm moving up to GT-1 where I can again play well with others. It was no fun this year having to run a 30% restrictor plate.

Steve
USGT #007

Nobody likes a bragger! :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schedule is out and there WILL BE a Viper "series" again!

The North American Road Racing Association has announced all but a few of its 2013 events featuring the US GT Championship, Viper ACR-X series, Whelen US TimeTrial Championship, and the USDPE Solo and Education programs.

Notably the series will start a month earlier next year, making their first stop at Texas World Speedway, February 15-17, head to Carolina Motorsports Park on May 3-5 and Pitt Race (Pittsburgh International Race Complex) on August 16-18.

NARRA's Road Atlanta weekend stays the same, April 12-14, as does New Jersey Motorsports Park, June 7-9, while the VIR event moves a week later to July 12-14, and the Monticello Motor Club event moves from August to September 6-8.

At least two more dates are expected to be announced in either March, October and/or November to take the number of events to nine, one more than this year.

It has been confirmed a series for Viper ACR-X cars will feature at all events in 2013.

Further details, including points structure for each series will be announced shortly.

Online event registration will open once the final two events have been confirmed.

2013 NARRA Event Calendar

Feb 15-17 Texas World Speedway - College, TX

March TBA

Apr 12-14 Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA

May 3-5 Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

Jun 7-9 New Jersey Motorsports Park - Millville, NJ

Jul 12-14 Virginia International Raceway - Alton, VA

Aug 16-18 Pitt Race (formally ****** Run) - Wampum, PA

Sep 6-8 Monticello Motor Club - Monticello, NY

Oct TBA

Nov TBA

BTW, the search feature on VCA is AWFUL. I tried searching Viper Cup and got pages of stuff, but got tired of filtering through it. I searched Cup and was told there were no results. I ended up going to my profile and looking through my posts to find it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62