SRT Viper GTS in June 10 Edition of Autoweek

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The June 10th edition of Autoweek just showed up in my mailbox. You may remember that in April they had the Viper TA pictured with an Orange cement mixer with the caption "Body Double". So apparently the only way to top that is to run a 3 way Comparo with a Cayman and a Focus and call it "Pick Your Poison":dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you just find a reason to get butt hurt anytime someone mentions a viper. The body double thing is a joke and is more about finding a physical feature with two unrelated things and putting them next to each other. The video threw tons of praise to the viper. It wasn't a compro, just saying that for every budget level, there are some great performance cars available to you.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not butt hurt but why show hp per liter numbers rather than saying that the Viper sports largest and most powerful NA engine ? Why go on an on about how an incompetent driver will wreck the car because of it's "character" even though it's vastly improved. Obviously why put it in the same article as a Focus and a Cayman and not a Ferrari or Lambo ? Why no mention of Laguna Seca or the Ring ? I mean ***:rolleyes: :D

I think you just find a reason to get butt hurt anytime someone mentions a viper. The body double thing is a joke and is more about finding a physical feature with two unrelated things and putting them next to each other. The video threw tons of praise to the viper. It wasn't a compro, just saying that for every budget level, there are some great performance cars available to you.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not butt hurt but why show hp per liter numbers rather than saying that the Viper sports largest and most powerful NA engine ? Why go on an on about how an incompetent driver will wreck the car because of it's "character" even though it's vastly improved. Obviously why put it in the same article as a Focus and a Cayman and not a Ferrari or Lambo ? Why no mention of Laguna Seca or the Ring ? I mean ***:rolleyes: :D

Ummm, yeah, you are butt hurt. Things said about the viper; "...this thing gets up and goes but if you mash the pedal to the floor, things get insane," "With double the horsepower as the cayman, you are also investing in a lot of torque, a really stiff chassy, a much improved interior with sabelt seats, and a beautiful hand sanded and buffed paint job," "immense amount of grip," "more car than anyone needs, but when you complete a clean lap in it, it is immensely satisfying." This is ridiculous, I'm not going to transcribe the whole thing for you because you have small **** issues.

This isn't a comparison, just a little thing saying that you can spend 30 grand or 130 grand and get a really great sporty/sports/gt car for the money. As far as saying that the car will bite you, it will. Doesn't Ralph even mention that from time to time. It is sort of a bragging point for some viper owners.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm just sick of these so called automotive journalists tweaking the 1993 Jeremy Clarkson script and parading it out like they just came up with it. Anybody can write that canned script and the one they have in the BMW file too. It's almost as pathetic as Hollywood remaking remakes of Batman and the Flintstones:rolaugh:

Ummm, yeah, you are butt hurt. Things said about the viper; "...this thing gets up and goes but if you mash the pedal to the floor, things get insane," "With double the horsepower as the cayman, you are also investing in a lot of torque, a really stiff chassy, a much improved interior with sabelt seats, and a beautiful hand sanded and buffed paint job," "immense amount of grip," "more car than anyone needs, but when you complete a clean lap in it, it is immensely satisfying." This is ridiculous, I'm not going to transcribe the whole thing for you because you have small **** issues.

This isn't a comparison, just a little thing saying that you can spend 30 grand or 130 grand and get a really great sporty/sports/gt car for the money. As far as saying that the car will bite you, it will. Doesn't Ralph even mention that from time to time. It is sort of a bragging point for some viper owners.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I'm just sick of these so called automotive journalists tweaking the 1993 Jeremy Clarkson script and parading it out like they just came up with it. Anybody can write that canned script and the one they have in the BMW file too. It's almost as pathetic as Hollywood remaking remakes of Batman and the Flintstones:rolaugh:

There wasn't an insult in the video or the "body double" blurb. The insult is in your head. Get over it. Clarkson was being funny and making points while doing it. He loves vipers btw. This wasn't a tweaking of that. Honestly, watch the video again and tell me what parts are an old rehash from Clarkson's review? This one was nearly all compliments with an observation that it can bite at the limit, which it CAN AND WILL. The viper is crude (at least the older generations) and that is part of the appeal for many people. If you want everyone to pretend that it isn't, well, then have fun with your flat earth theory...

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Damn !!! I just spilled my decaf. What a shame:lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im with makara on this one. Didnt get an overly negative vibe from this article or video like v10 seems to have gotten. I too didn't see this as a comparo. That would be insanity on AW part. I would like to start seeing the Viper compared to the Porsches, GTR's, lambos etc in head to head comps just to get a ballpark idea where the new Viper sits among its peers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang