SRT Viper vs SLS AMG Black Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole review=Fail. The Viper TA is still quicker around the track with the manual? Isn't AMG like the equivalent of buying a modded Shelby Supersnake or a Callaway vette or a Hennessy ? What's the big deal ? What am I missing ?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess I am getting old...I would give up a few mph in the 1/4 and a couple tenths to keep Viper a manual....

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or I am willing to give up a few tenths to keep the driving experience real and exciting........

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're coming across as an elitist troll who thinks he alone is authorized to declare who is a "viper type" and who is not. You know who is a viper type? The guy or woman who can afford to plop down $100K+ for a car. Even if it's only 1% different, it's 1% better but we both know it's more than that.

I can just imagine someone trying to do business with you:

Customer: "Hi, I'd like some wheels for my ride. Got anything I can check out?"

9Balls: "Sir, you're not the aftermarket wheels type. I can tell."

Customer: "What?"

9Balls: "That's right, aftermarket wheels aren't meant for you. You need to keep your stock wheels and get out of here."

Customer: "I also wanted to get my car dyno'd"

9Balls: <sighs and shakes head> "Listen, you're not the dyno type...."

These kind of statements are just plain wrong. I hope nobody reads this and follows your advice.

That's about the only part of what you said that I agree with.

PB......so let me get this straight.

Tony is a long standing and respected member of this forum. He has owned Vipers over the years and has done more to them than most. He stepped up and bought a Gen V and has put more miles on that in the first 2 months than you will probably put on yours in a year....or two. He is making comparisons between the previous gen Vipers since he not only used to own them but still does.

You suggest we should not listen to him.

You on the other hand has 250 miles+, and I am sure you have taken your car to the limits by now, and have limited, if any at all, experience with any other Vipers.

You suggest we should listen to you !!

You really come across as someone that absolutely has to be the authority and when it become blatantly obvious that you are not, you then start bad talking anyone else that has an opinion that is different than yours.

Matt

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, you are just ******* in the wind ;)

I know.....its just amazes me that some people are this dense and self absorbed.

Takes the fun out of some of these threads. Its almost more like some political forum with a bunch of bickering as opposed to a car forum where we talk about what truly is nothing more than a toy.

Matt

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know.....its just amazes me that some people are this dense and self absorbed.

Takes the fun out of some of these threads. Its almost more like some political forum with a bunch of bickering as opposed to a car forum where we talk about what truly is nothing more than a toy.

Matt

The real sad part is how at least 15 people have gotten into it with him over his non sensical tirades that are full of false information and pathological lying to defend a false point proven to be wrong, yet he continues as if it is everyone else instead of him. You'd think with someone intelligent enough to earn the means to buy a $150k car wouldn't do that. Kind of like the kid that has all these problems with multiple teachers, yet it is the teachers and not him. Sad, sad, sad.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty, reading your posts highlights that you have the wrong approach to the Viper to begin with. SRT was going to encounter this with their attempt to bring in new types of buyers and that's okay. This forum can help educate you. I'm not really sure what you want out of the Viper, but try to evaluate it as a platform rather than aiming for perfection. What I mean by that is that as far as a platform for a awesome experience it is hard to beat. I've driven a Gen IV and it was perfect for me. I liked that I felt everything that was going on in the road. I've driven Z06's, been in exotics, etc. I liked that fact the car told me exactly what is going on. Take the platform comment and use it. Put MCS shocks/springs on the car and from what I can tell by the many owners that have done it, it literally completes the Viper. I would beg SRT to put it on the car from the factory, but they'd never do it.

Being that the Viper is still a niche car you have to ask yourself the yes or no question. You either want a car that will highlight every flaw as a driver you have or you want a car that masks your imperfections and corrects them digitally. It's pretty simple if you ask me. Do you want to drive or play video games?

I chalk this up as another reason there shouldn't be two models, just one to build on. The posh luxury chasers are going to be severely disappointed. Only those that have owned a Viper are enjoying the new luxury. For all these cross brand shoppers, all SRT did was put lipstick on what was 1 of the 2 main reasons why they never considered the car. Then they drive it and realize nothing has really changed. Those people will still want a Porsche that does all the perfect shifting and launching for them as an ego stroke. Sorry, but most of those buyers would rather buy an ego stroke at $100K+. Not the other way around.

This guy gets it. A Viper guy. Someone saying that challenging cars and manual transmissions are annoying, simply does not. I will never claim a manual is a chore, it is more like a passion.

Tony

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy gets it. A Viper guy. Someone saying that challenging cars and manual transmissions are annoying, simply does not. I will never claim a manual is a chore, it is more like a passion.

Tony
if you have to put much mental effort into driving a manual around town or on the highway, you have bigger issues!

V

VCA Forum Staff

Thread has gone off the rails and is closed. Forum staff has had a talk with the gentleman in question and hopefully he will dial it back in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper