Starlight Childrens Charity screening of the movie "Senna"

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought of a great way to mix all my passions and raise money for a wonderful charity that helps out a tremendous amount of very sick children. It’s a benefit for the Starlight Foundation (like Make a Wish)
http://www.starlight.org/whoweare/

As you are all aware I have been racing for a long time and have raced in all types of events the last 23 years. I can honestly tell you the greatest day I ever had on a race track is when I had the pleasure to drive a very sick little boy around Pocono Race track. He was a remarkable 13 year old boy that I was blessed to have met and spend 2 life changing days with. He had brain Cancer and had battled very bravely with it for a long time. He was invited to the track with his family the weekend. For those two magical days he was a healthy, smiling normal boy with a smiling beautiful family. The only give away that he was sick was his iv and oxygen that had to accompany him. It was his time to shine, we started out slow and with his persuasion eventually up to 150mph. If there ever was a thing called a magic carpet well we were on it and I have to say that I feel truly blessed by my very short time with him and he and his family will always be in my heart . This is what this charity does . It helps very sick children ,their siblings and families have some wonderful moments that truly last a life time.

Please help us raise money for this amazing charity. Our screening will be 1 night September 15 at 6:00 at Grand Prix NY.

100% of the proceeds/ donations will go to the Starlight Foundation. We will have a red carpet set up for some of the Starlight kids and there families to enter on. There will also be a cocktail reception and very cool auction and a magnificent screening of “Senna”. We also need some very unique auction items . If you have anything race , automobile or unique please let me know .
Attached Images
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S I can use some Vipers that night to drive some of the sick children and there families in the parking lot up to the red carpet

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep them coming. It will be an amazing event and 100% of all the proceeds go to Starlight Foundation and a great movie screening as well

Russ we would love to have you car there . It would be perfect for the kids and I have the perfect spot for it .

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:

ACR Steve
*** BLK
93ViperBoy
ViperTony
Russ
PrimeTime/1
Edgar
Hovik
Chazz
Lou
Andrew2K

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tickets are on sale now at Starlight- Thanks everyone

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - If you can use another car to drive kids to the red carpet I'm in!

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ we will have a list at the door . I have the perfict spot for your car as well the kids are going to love seeing it . Thanks man
P.S. bring your brother along as well

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve He's coming up with me. I will be heading out about noon to get there and get the car cleaned and ready,also I have 4x5 cards printed of pics of the car made to hand out. I want to thank Tom Branoff Photography for making this possible.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Tony.......... We also have a lot of very cool items donated for the silent auction ex: Monticello High Performance driving School 1 day program in your car or there’s, Lime Rock Drivers Club Hi Performance School etc.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I have a bunch of Matchbox Vipers that I don't know what to do with. I'll have to count them but I'm sure it's over 20 or so. Not sure if this would make a good auction item but maybe we can give them out to the kids?

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has interest in attending a drivers school we have 2 donated from Monticello Race Club and Lime Rock Club. We will have them part of our silent auction. It’s a great way to get a great deal and make a great donation to a very worthy charity.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I plan to be there with Don, can we get tickets at the door? Also, the weather is supposed to **** and my 2000rt leaks through the driver's corner, so I might take my truck.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cocktails at 6 movie at 7 - and the weather will be great then :) lots of very cool stuff including free NASCAR tickets for this weekend at Lime Rock and a certificate for a free race at GPNY good any time including after the event.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I'll be there between 6 and 6:30 as I know I'll hit traffice on 84 between Waterbury/Danbury. See you in a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235