Starting to work on my paint "ahhhhhhhh"

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worked on my paint a bit by hand tonight

LOL, I'm doing everything by hand right now. Started with the 2 bucket system was ala the Junkman :2tu: followed by claybarring then hand polishing with Mirror Glaze #9. It is slow going and I'm sure to get everything i'm going to have to get the PC random orbit. I've been working on the hood only all evening and still am not done :omg: After the #9 i'm going with a good wax and then plan on doing more heavy work in the spring with a PC (I may crash AJ's if he'll let me lol :dunno: ) Anyway thought I'd post a pic of my progress, looks pretty nice for original 94 paint I think. In the second photo that is my drywall on the ceiling not orange peel :lmao:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I'm just cleaning the paint a little is all you can get nice results but damn it is hard work lol

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a PC. You'll thank me for it. I put up a post a few months ago about the steps I went through while in the learning process. Click below and you'll pick up some tips:

http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-detailing-tips-tricks/640143-adams-detailing-dummies.html

I'm going to go over it again this winter and really get it right. I can't imagine the amount of time required to do it by hand! Trust me, get an orbital random polisher and put in 1/100th the effort.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^^ I know I know lol, I'm getting one, I meant with AJ a few weeks ago, I'm going with his setup, just was playing around by hand, tonight. Thanks for the link, I love watching all the videos on Adams and the junkman.

Last edited:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, what are you waiting on to bring that puppy over here??? Okay, the weather has been crappy but we need to hook up again so that I can show you personally what that PC will do for your paint on YOUR car. You'll sell your golf clubs after seeing the results! Let me know if you want to hook up again. I've got nothing but time. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey AJ! Definately, just waiting for the weather to break, seems like we get freakin' snow every 3 days, I hate it!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got nothing but time.
That's a kind of sad statement. :) I'm just the opposite. I have no time, and you can't buy more of it either. :(

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, what are you waiting on to bring that puppy over here??? Okay, the weather has been crappy but we need to hook up again so that I can show you personally what that PC will do for your paint on YOUR car. You'll sell your golf clubs after seeing the results! Let me know if you want to hook up again. I've got nothing but time. :2tu:

Can you do aluminum?:D

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a kind of sad statement. :) I'm just the opposite. I have no time, and you can't buy more of it either. :(

Well you see, that's the way it is when everything you have is paid for and it takes about 10 hours of work to pay your bills each month. That means that I take Monday and Friday off and sometimes Wednesday's, sleep to noon stay up way past my bed time.

Dave Ramsey taught me well. :D :2tu:

Can you do aluminum?:D

What you got, a DeLorean? :D