Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Finally done with the heavy lifting on this project with some tweaking to come as the springs settle in. :DFender arch heights are nominal 26 inches front and 28 rear sitting on 19 inch wheels/Invo's at all corners. Pretty low I would say but am able to cross the street gutter to my driveway without scraping anything (yes, I know speed bumps will likely be an issue). Would be nice to have a lower fascia removable with a few Dzuz fasteners though for getting up on ramps etc.:cool: I have the damping/rebound adjustments clicked half-way for now. The front camber is adjusted out to the max at -0.9 degrees, but all other settings are to spec. Anyone planning this upgrade should be prepared to R&R the rear wheels multiple times to get to your target height (fronts can be adjusted with the wheels on). Overall very pleased with this setup, and am looking forward to the BBK once Steve and Mark Johnson get some brackets made up for my one-off Brembo fronts.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks very good. Great stance. I to just installed his 1 inch drop coilovers on my 02 gts a week ago. I really like them. Your car looks the same in the front as mine but my rear looks just a little higher.
Did you have any problems getting it up on the drive up hoist. I am doing my alignment next weekend. I take it you had some long ramps.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have any problems getting it up on the drive up hoist. I am doing my alignment next weekend. I take it you had some long ramps.
Thanks. No problems getting up the ramps because my shop was prepared with an assortment of boards (be sure to confirm this with your shop). Mine pulled out their big dog 2x12's (each 12 feet long) and a variety of 2x4s to walk it up the Hunter machine. They also had to unbolt the front wheel stops on the machine as my facia wouldn't clear it. Was in and out in just under two hours, and gave the tech a nice tip for his careful attention to detail. Don't delay getting your alignment done as your specs will be considerably off after lowering it.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, how does it feel? What's the ride like?
Thank you. Initial impressions are a more compliant ride over the stock Koni's. Well known road dips that previously would jar me now are smoothed out. Will probably wind up with the damping/rebound settings closer to max when it is all said and done. I haven't driven one with Moton's, so I don't have a reference point to what some folks believe is the best setup if price is no consideration.