Stickiest tires these days.....

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have finally run the edges off my Kumho V700's....loved those things (though the leading edge of my sills didn't).

They no longer make 'em the right size (335 or 345 18), so I'm wondering what to get next.

The V710 and the Hoosier R6 are technically street tires (they have the DOT grooves) which I'll go to if there's nothing more practical yet extreme.

I have some experience with the Exsta XS but they're just not enoigh like the 700's for my liking.

Input is welcome....its been a while since I bought extreme street tires.

PS - I slap a set of HRE's with PS2s on if there's any possibility of rain or cold.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The R6s wear out incredibly quickly on the street. Maybe 1 -2 thousand miles. They are magic on the track. You might get two weekends out of them on the track, which is about as good as any tire driven fairly hard.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll go look at the tread wear on the PSCs and the 888s. TW is 80 on the V700's which is nice. Sticky but don't have to get hot to work well.

I run R6s on the track and have an attic full of take-offs so limited life isn't an issue for me......problem with running them on the street is air pressure - if you start at 34 and you work 'em...they'll go well over 40 and be hard. If you start at 24 (as one would on a road course) and tea total it, they'll stay mushy and won't grip right either.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I just went to look at Super Sports and they don't make wide ones in 18......only for you 19 and 20 guys. 888's seem to be a good alternative.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll go look at the tread wear on the PSCs and the 888s. TW is 80 on the V700's which is nice. Sticky but don't have to get hot to work well.

I run R6s on the track and have an attic full of take-offs so limited life isn't an issue for me......problem with running them on the street is air pressure - if you start at 34 and you work 'em...they'll go well over 40 and be hard. If you start at 24 (as one would on a road course) and tea total it, they'll stay mushy and won't grip right either.

TW on the PSC is 80 also, and will last longer on the street versus the R6.