Strange squeaking while turning right or going straight

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
edit:(more of a squeal then a squeak, but everything else is accurate)

I have a 2008 ACR with 14k miles.

It has started making a squeaking noise in the rear when going straight or turning right. I can hear it out the passenger side window when going slowly. It's fairly loud. If I turn left or apply even the slightest brake pressure (while going straight) it is silent.

I am thinking wheel bearing, but the slightest brake pressure stops it and that gave me pause.

Anyone else seen this before?

thanks.

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe the e-brake pads. Whenever i hear squel im thinkin pads. The noises these cars make is crazy.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess is the e-brake. Try pulling up on the ebrake when it is happening. Mine does it also and Im pretty sure its the ebrake

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem from day one on my 08 acr !!

Two days ago I was washing the car and thought why not apply some pressure on the right back fender !

Guess what !! I heard the squeaking sound did it few times and it's there ! Did the same thing the other side nothing !!

Not sure if it's the same problem ! Nor I know what is going on.:dunno:

OP
OP
E

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't seem to be related to up and down movement. When starting from a stop even if I go extremely slow I hear this squeal coming from the rear passengers side. I have a few things to try and will do them and report back. thanks.

edit: at one point it seemed to be related to up and down movement. I took it to valaya racing and there was a bolt rubbing on something. They were able to adjust it and that seems to have gone away. There was a shiny spot where the two pieces of metal were touching. that could be your issue.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats sounds very good im glad its fixed !

any idea where is this bolt located exactly ?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
based on your description, my 1st thought is pad wear indicator, have you checked your brake pads :dunno:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^i will try that. just applying a little normal brake pressure makes it stop. does yours do that too?

Yes it does stop if i apply some brake. But again I still think its the ebrake..lol. I think the inside ebrake pad rubs just a tad. I replaced the whole caliper years ago because it would drag. I have a feeling its doing the same thing still

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth