Streetracing....why?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have street raced for YEARS. Yes, I do it. Yes, I will keep doing it. It’s loads of fun and really, it’s like my extended family. Before you go off on me. Maybe…you should hear me out.

It's not so much the street racing that is bad, it's the retards who give it a bad name. IE: People racing in traffic, people racing when the weather is not right, racing on bad roads, people racing when the car is not ready ect.

Almost every week in the summer you can find me and a small group of old time hot-roders out street racing. Some of these guys have been racing in this same spot from the 60's. It has been in the same spot for over 50 years! This place has a code that must be kept. If you violate the code. You will be asked to leave peacefully or you will be dealt with. It's all in good fun, no egos allowed. No drinking, no drugs, just coffee...lots of coffee. It's a long 3 mile spot of road.(two lanes each side) If you wreck, you end up in a swamp. No trees, no guard rails...nothing but soft wet swamp. This is also only done early in the morning. It’s all drag style racing. For 1/4mi and ½ mi races. We could do a mile because we have the space, but we don’t want to endanger anyone but ourselfes.

The local police know we are there, and that we have been there for over 50 years. While I'm sure they do not approve of what we do. They sure don't seem to bother us either.

Is it wrong by the letter of the law. You bet.

Is this what street racing should be. You bet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As long as it legal, and if its not, make sure when Joe Horn says "Move and your dead" you listen, oops, I'm sorry wrong thread.

I thought we ended this thread, by stating that it was alright to street race, if it was against a Deer and you brought your gun, and....... I'm sorry I'm still a little confused.