**** or Blow

Both Stacks Blowin'

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been looking at some posts about upgrading Radiators and was wondering about cooling fans. A number of owners have installed a "twin fan" setup that "pulls" air through the radiator as part of this upgrade.

On the web that sells these fans, they offer a "push" fan as well. Anybody installed these? Are there any benefits to this setup, over the ones that "pull" the air through the radiator?

Regards,

Pete.

:cool: :headbang: :usa: :usa: :headbang: :cool:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt there is any big benefits of one over the other. If you want some insurance against overheating install a larger radiator. Anything else is probably overkill.

You're having a problem with overheating in the UK???

OP
OP
B

Both Stacks Blowin'

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

Not really, I do a lot of "High Speed" running on mainland Europe. When I get stuck in traffic jams, things start to get a little hot. Last years, I fried some of the wiring near the engine when I got stopped for an hour in a jam and like a fool, didn't turn the engine off!!!!

Regards,

Pete.

:laugh: :laugh: :headbang: :headbang: :laugh: :laugh:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BSB,

Push or pull? I think you're looking at 6 of one and half dozen of another. 1500 CFM pushing or pulling is pretty much the same either way. The issues that you should look at are clearance and accessibility.

The one drawback of having the push unit in front of the radiator is that when you're at cruising speed, and the fan isn't running, the fan unit is actually disrupting and blocking airflow through the radiator. Given the choice in the Viper application, I would go with pull, with the highest CFM that you can fit.

If you have the stock radiator, the OEM upgraded fan unit is probably your best bet. If you go aftermarket, I highly recommend Spal.