Supercharger: Roe or Paxton!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Roe Viper. HP increases start at idle. I don't know about Paxton making more hp, except on a dyno. A 700hp Roe system seems to be equivalent to a 900hp Paxton - at the drag strip.

My 720rwhp Roe (10#) is with stock heads, so it could build a lot more power with ported heads. I could instal a 12# pulley for addittional power ... or just turn on my Nitrous kit. My car went 10.5@139mph in the quarter mile on stock tires, NO Nitrous. I get 25mpg (imp) and put on a lot of miles driving. I've never turned on the Nitrous since there is no where it can be used safely.

You need a roll bar to go 11.5 at the track and a funny car cage to go much faster than that. The safety equipment needed to use a Paxton or Roe with high hp would completely ruin a street car and cost thousands.

The Paxton requires that the front (top) crossmember be cut out of the car, the Roe doesn't. The Roe is a simple 6 hr. instal. The Roe looks great on the engine.

You must be registered for see images

Most of the Paxton's I've seen here in BC make between 505-695rwhp.

Whatever you decide it'll be great, and too fast for the track. You'll be happy.

Ted

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
either way go with paxton but i would suggest looking into a CPE side mount turbo kit for the Gen2 if thats what you get.

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A friend and I are sending stock forged GTS's to UGR for Kevin's Paxton package this week. Both cars are getting a set of JM heads and we expect both to make ~950rwhp on pump gas with ****.
I've done positive displacement blowers, and they don't have the peak numbers than centrifugals. They are more fun on the street, and feel stronger in some circumstances, but won't usually compete with a good centifugal setup.
S.

OP
OP
S

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11psi about 775ish hp and 800ish for TQ and that guy only ran 10.52@138mph just seems like I the guys with supercharged setups are running that with less HP and tq on hand ... don't get me wrong that turbo system is amazing sound :eater: just wondering if the price on that will be worth it ... have any idea on what the entry level one is worth and how hard it is to tune. Thats one thing I do know from working on turbo's since I could pick up a wrench ... they are not usually reliable everyday drivers .... you are changing fuel and boost levels all the time ... see with a supercharger ... the variables are much more simplified ... your car climbs in RPM ... your boost does the same ....

I am definatly thining on going with a 96 to 02gts. "Thats Set"

So next step is make up my mind ... try something new with Supercharging ... or do what I'm good at and Turbocharge it. HMMMM decisions .

How come I never really heard off these guys before ... I have heard of heffner, roe, hennessey, UGR, paxton,DLM,Stryker .......... and the list goes on... first time I have heard of CPE.???????

Anyone know of these guys personally? Because I am very interested. :2tu:

Hope its not to hard to get across customs at the border when I buy from somebody on this forum .. :rolaugh:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey is very reputable and hangs out mostly at the alley. He has created his own custom twin turbo kits from entry level to 2000hp monsters. He seems to have the most reasonable priced systems out there. Check out his site and do a search for him on the alley. You will find tons of info on him there.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
first time I have heard of CPE.???????

Anyone know of these guys personally? Because I am very interested. :2tu:

CPE Turbos.com

im sending my car there for a side mount turbo system. they have been making some serious numbers with their kits. give paolo a call and he will give you all the info you ever wanted and more :)

OP
OP
S

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent ... thanks everyone ... and sorry for all the knit picky stuff .. but this is going to be a project that I want to be %100 happy with ... and I don't care how much power something has ... I must have boost ... its a whole different feel .... ADDICTING is the word I think I am looking for. I will contact CPE and talk directly with them .. considering I will more then likely be installing this kit myself I'm sure I will be in contact when it comes to tuning for sure. Thanks all and I will be looking for the classifieds ... so keep em comming:drive: