Supercharger Shipping Update....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

For those on the SC list that are in the first batch, here's the latest update on shipping.

We have most of the parts here, boxed and sealed. All 50 manifolds with stainless steel bolts, gaskets and fittings are boxed and ready to ship. All 500 Bosch injectors, all 500 spark plugs, all 50 manifold top plate assemblies with bypass valves, all the silicone hoses, etc, etc...

The materials in the kit are all either 6061 aluminum (manifold, SC, various spacers, fuel rails, drive support, etc.), 304 stainless steel (crossover support, wiring harness mount, throttle cable mount, throttle linkage, etc), 18-8 stainless (mounting bolts, washers, nuts) or mild steel (pulley, air intake tubes and airbox). The stainless will not rust, all aluminum parts were anodized for corrosion resistance and the steel parts are being plated or powder-coated.

We're still due in the long air intake tubes and airbox at the SC inlet. The tubes are being made in Michigan by an aircraft tubing company and the airboxes by a fabrication shop in Pennsylvania. Both will need to be sent out for the powder-coating when they arrive. All the pulleys are on their way to Indiana for a special coating process and will be back in about a week and a half. The fuel rails are on their way down from the extrusion company in Illinois that made our die and did all the machining on them. The belts are being finished up (standard length serpentine belt at 98.5 inches, but in a stock 7 rib, not an off the shelf 6 rib which works fine too).

Bottom line, it looks like we'll be able to ship a couple kits right before VOI and deliver one or two at VOI to the overseas owners who will be there. The rest will ship when we return from VOI.

I appreciate everyone's patience. This has been a long process. But once this first run is out there, the next batch should only be about 8 weeks behind. Then we can start keeping kits on the shelf.

On the emissions side, we have now become a SEMA member and they have an emissions expert in CA that is walking us through the process of certification. I don't know exactly how long it will take, but once we recoup some of the money sitting on the shelf, we're going to spend it on the certification process.

sc-dcx-small.jpg

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean -

How soon until we find out if we are on the list for the first batch?

And are the larger air inlets, smooth tubes, and 70 MM throttle bodies in stock for shipment at the same time?

And one last question - are you going to have the MSD spark plug wires that you told me I'd need in stock.

And one more last question - is there anything else that you'd advise us to have installed at the same time like 180 degree thermostat or front fascia cooling duct for the radiator or anything else?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure where I am on the list but if anyone that knows they are at the very front of the list can wait an extra week or two......I sure would like to trade positions so I could put one thru the ringer at VOI. I know everybody would like to see some 1/4 mile times. My car already has 1 3/4" headers /exhaust and bigger throttle bodies. tnx, Tony

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
I second that, I think after all the hard work Sean has put into this system it would be great for him to reap the rewards of another 50 orders at VOI after everybody sees his system perform.

Steve

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Thanks for the update. Regarding the CARB certification, once you get this, how will it apply to the first run units. Is it as simple as mailing out placards to attach to the units?

Thanks,
Dave

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are two guys in the top 5 of the order list that are signed up for the VOI drags. One car is stock with headers and the other has extensive upgrades. We're going to do our best to get each of them a kit in time to run the event.

Regarding the intake parts (the 70 mm TB's, tubes and airbox), we have sets on the shelf and recently lowered the price on the TB's to $549 for the pair. I think most people will eventually make this upgrade with the SC.

The wires are something I need to look at stocking for everyone's convenience. For now, SummitRacing.com has MSD's for about $73, and Taylor Wires are in the $50's. We found that the stock wires can arc with the SC.

Make sure your fuel filter is in good shape also. Ours had 12,000 miles, but was quite dirty. A dirty fuel filter flows less fuel and we don't want any fuel restrictions.

During the SC install, there's a perfect opportunity to put in a 180 degree thermostat since you'll have the intake manifold off. The thermostat is $27.95 and the gasket is about $10 (stocked items).

I'll have to ask the emissions consultant about providing labels for kits that have already gone out. I don't know if there are any legal issues with that.

If you're on the SC list and don't know where you are on it, call Becky at the shop during the week at 904-733-5469, ext 2 followed by the # sign. I know the first batch is already committed.

Sean

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
Sean,

Isn't the fuel filter part of the fuel pump module?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fuel filter is separate (at least on my 97) and can be changed by detaching the "quick disconnects". Kind of a PITA but not hard to do yourself.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jeff is correct. The fuel filter is a bit of a PITA. I get to them by taking the drivers side fenderwell out.

Kenny,
I suggest a 180 degree thermostat for all conditions the Viper will likely see. It's 15 degrees cooler than the stock one and the engine will like the lower temperature on the highway. Normally, it too is no fun to change since you have to take the manifold off.
If you have the Mopar wires, they should be fine. Are they better than MSD's, I don'y know. But I do know the MSD's worked out well.

Sean

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean - Would these be as good as the MSD wires?

Mopar 8.5 mm Spark Plug Wire Set
For top performance, change your wires every 15,000 miles! RT/10 & GTS 8.5mm Spark Plug Wire Sets. These high-heat wires are the same sets used by ORECA and ALMS vipers. Powder Blue color.
Available Option: Gen 1 or Gen 2 motor:
Price: $89.00....(Parts Rack)

And under what driving conditions would the 180 degree thermostat be advisable over the stock thermostat with the stock cooling system?

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,do you have a boost gauge installed in your car?I don't remember you mentioning anything about it,but I will definitely install one if I could .Think you may offer one as a option?Can't wait to see it in person at VOI7.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We only run a boost gauge during testing (the large face diagnostic style) and I don't have one mounted in the car. We're not providing gauges with the kits. All you'd see is either vacuum at cruise or 5 psi boost accelerating.

Sean

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, please put my blower on the top shelf, out of harms way of the tropical storm.
smile.gif
hope all goes well. Maybe it will go thru Tampa and sink my boat.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called and I've moved up the list from 11 to 6. I'm basically wishing away the month of September to get supercharged! There had better be good weather here in the NE for a few more months. Here's hoping for a golbally warmed fall
supergrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen