Talk me down off the ledge

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper's elevated interior temperature is unlike any other car on the road and im sure no one can dispute that. So while it's hot in any convertable when it's hot outside, a Viper's temp is sometimes unbearable.
Well I think there are times when the heat is noticable, but I personally have never found it unbearable. There is some heat in the wheel well, but I rarely even notice it unless I'm wearing tennis shoes. The heat from the engine does blow into the cockpit with the top and windows down. With windows up it's not bad at all. With the top up you have to turn the a/c down because it gets too cold. I've heard that both these problems were solved in the Gen4.

As for magazine reviews....Bah. It's always that the viper wins in every aspect but they chose the other car because it has cup holders and is therfore superior,,,, or some variation of that. Those reviews are just BS.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08+ has better heat management due to the better location of the hood louvers. The heater/air conditioner is much stronger also.

Main source of heat on 03's was crossover exhaust behind the seats. Easy fix with some corsa's, or just removing the cross overs.

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took the 1970 Challenger(440 Magnum) to a 60's dance last Sat pm.On the way home could feel waves of heat off the hood(temp normal radiator normal) Lessons: Massive cubic inches produce mass. heat(energy) and massive smiles! The SRT 10 was cooler than what I was expecting (from the articles)

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I live in IL so you're gonna have to drive me around in your Eagle Talon when its cold.
Lol, Eagle Talon! I think my neighbors son has one, I can ask him. You're more then welcome to borrow the Cheyenne Turbo from my wife. There are plenty of amenities in that vehicle to keep you busy, ;)!

OP
OP
S

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As soon as we get back from vaca the viper hunt is on!!