Tator's Dodge - "TATORTOGA" - Sunday, May 18

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is starting to get ridiculous :omg: Next thing ya know I start believing that my ancestors were Irish :dunno::eater:

I know!!! LOL...I saw that someplace in the Netherlands (I forget the town? Noen...something) was all iced up buds on the trees...you had ice storms? Wish you could be here for TatorToga...it's a blast! One we'll HOPE to be able to ride up with the others at Exit 24 off the thruway this year again!~! ~juli

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know!!! LOL...I saw that someplace in the Netherlands (I forget the town? Noen...something) was all iced up buds on the trees...you had ice storms? Wish you could be here for TatorToga...it's a blast! One we'll HOPE to be able to ride up with the others at Exit 24 off the thruway this year again!~! ~juli

Don't know of any Noen, but here we just had a light coat of snow overnight and then a brief but not heavy snowstorm in the afternoon.. crazy weather these days :dunno:
I wish I could be there too, I'd DEFINATELY like to have a chat with Carroll Shelby! Though I'll settle for something autographed by him if someone wouldn't mind having that done for me.. don't know if there are any merchandise/memorabiblia stands?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know of any Noen, but here we just had a light coat of snow overnight and then a brief but not heavy snowstorm in the afternoon.. crazy weather these days :dunno:
I wish I could be there too, I'd DEFINATELY like to have a chat with Carroll Shelby! Though I'll settle for something autographed by him if someone wouldn't mind having that done for me.. don't know if there are any merchandise/memorabiblia stands?

Getting anywhere CLOSE to Mr. Shelby will be virtually impossible...same with Brock Yates...I'm sure!! I will surely try to get an autographed piece of SOMEthing if I can get close enough, dude!!!! FOR YOU~~~! ~juli
(Wish I'd written down the name of the town I saw on news in the Netherlands...showed pics of ICE-COVERED buds on trees...sorry!)

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for being confused. Is there any kind of itenerary for Tatortoga other than the museum schedule, so I can do some planning or is it one and the same?

thanks,
Craig

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I have no clue what *number* we are, but got mail confirmation today of our registration into the car show at Saratoga Auto Museum. It says in the letter: "ALL vehicles MUST be equipped with FIRE EXTINGUISHERS which will be available at the registration table for purchase price of $12. So, we now have to have fire extinguishers in our cars for the show. An FYI~~~juli

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I have no clue what *number* we are, but got mail confirmation today of our registration into the car show at Saratoga Auto Museum. It says in the letter: "ALL vehicles MUST be equipped with FIRE EXTINGUISHERS which will be available at the registration table for purchase price of $12. So, we now have to have fire extinguishers in our cars for the show. An FYI~~~juli

I talked to Allen from the museum today and he said it is a good idea to have a fire extinguisher in ANY car you drive [common sense!] BUT you do not need one for the car show!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Allen from the museum today and he said it is a good idea to have a fire extinguisher in ANY car you drive [common sense!] BUT you do not need one for the car show!!

Thank you, Chuck for looking into this. Wonder if almost EVERYbody carries an extinguisher in their cars? Mike has to in his work truck. ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I carry one and it's mounted under/front of the passenger seat. I purchased Roe's kit a couple of years ago. Cheap insurance to have.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just confirmed that we'll have our own "Snake Pit" seating area this year. At least lunch can be devoured at an actual table. ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just confirmed that we'll have our own "Snake Pit" seating area this year. At least lunch can be devoured at an actual table. ;)

This IS good news!! Last year, we had to FIGHT to get to the few tables (LOL)!! This will be more enjoyable...thanks Scott! :2tu: ~juli
**Do we know yet if we are going to BLAST our way up again at Exit 24's Truck Stop Meeting Place??**
Like set up a time to meet up again...THAT was a RUSH!!!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**Do we know yet if we are going to BLAST our way up again at Exit 24's Truck Stop Meeting Place??**
Like set up a time to meet up again...THAT was a RUSH!!!

Yes. Definitely! They would actually prefer that we arrive together. Let me see what's up with the downstate group and we'll post up a time.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time is the event going to 'officially' start on Sunday? I'm still debating if I'm going to drive up the morning of or drive up Sat night and stay over. If I can meet up with the caravan from New York I will definitely do so.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Definitely! They would actually prefer that we arrive together. Let me see what's up with the downstate group and we'll post up a time.

That would be AWESOME!!! Let us know! We will be there....:drive::drive::drive:!
Tony: It will be awesome to see you again, whether it's at the dinner the night before, or meeting you at Exit 24......and ZIPPING our way up to Saratoga!! :drive::2tu: ~juli

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, this year's annual Tator's BBQ will be held at the Saratoga Automobile Museum, Sunday, May 18th.

More details will follow, but both Brock Yates and Carroll Shelby will be this years special guests! :headbang:

CitySnake, Some questions regarding the weekend . . . I have reserved a room at the Country Inn for Saturday night, I have registered my car for the show on Sunday and I have contacted Chuck saying my wife and I would like to be included in the dinner at the Log Jam on Saturday night. Chuck responded and we are included in the dinner. My question . . Is there a list of events, activities and times that cover the whole weekend? It looks like the first event is the dinner at 8:00 pm on Saturday.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw mention of a meeting taking place Sunday morning. Does this mean those meeting will not be going to the car show at the museum?

What that means is that the Vipers will be meeting at one spot, then zooming their way up to the auto show~~! There are two meeting places, one in Ardsley and one at Exit 24 off the thruway's truck stop...then up to Saratoga auto show. But, I see you are staying in Queensbury, so we will meet you Sat. evening for dinner at the Logjam, and then you just follow Chuck and the others down to Saratoga Sunday morning. Look forward to meeting ya! ~juli

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, very cool...we've been wanting to meet you, Mr. Big Brake Dave!! We hoped you'd be there~~~juli
(hmmm...wonder if Chuck would bring deviled eggs up to Saratoga?...yummmmmm!)
Hey Julie
Make sure OGO (Ol Great One) AKA BB Dave is taken care of in the deviled egg department... Cant have him getting cranky on the right coast :rolaugh:

Then send him home... We like him out here :D :dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Julie
Make sure OGO (Ol Great One) AKA BB Dave is taken care of in the deviled egg department... Cant have him getting cranky on the right coast :rolaugh:
Then send him home... We like him out here :D :dunno:

Hi Kala!~~~We did NOT meeet BBD aka OGO :(....was he there? :dunno: ~juli
(OR we COULD have met him, but with remembering names, we are useless :omg::()

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave