Tator's Is Just Ridiculous...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt all hasn't already been said, but after a decade of ownership (always liked the way a decade appears to be far longer a period than 10 years) Chuck gave me a new reason to post about exemplary service.

Among other 10K mile service work, I took occasion to replace the factory battery with a new Optima yellow top battery that I was awarded in our VCA giveaways! How cool is that?!

Get my car back and on the way home, after going through all the cuts on the CD that I had left in the radio, I pulled over into a convenient rest area to reset all my AM/FM/Sat Radio stations that I ASSUMED were deleted due to the battery change.

Son of a Gun Tator, must have checked and noted each one and took the time to replace them after the new battery install! :wow: Seriously, who the heck does this kind of thing?

So, I just figured I'd say thanks ONCE AGAIN and let folks know that despite the morphing of "Dodge" to "Garage", the service only got better! :2tu:

PS- Watched most of the rebuilt motor install on Dimitrios' yellow SRT. Will be nice to have some of the old crew back on the pavement.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no he hooked up the memory cable from your obd port and saved everything

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or he plugged in a low voltage battery tender device into the cigarette lighter to keep the memory from being cleared while the battery was disconnected. Either way, it's those little things that Chucks does that makes his service so special!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no he hooked up the memory cable from your obd port and saved everything

Or he plugged in a low voltage battery tender device into the cigarette lighter to keep the memory from being cleared while the battery was disconnected. Either way, it's those little things that Chucks does that makes his service so special!

I asked him if the new radios had some "capacitor" that retained the info when powered down and he said they didn't. :dunno:

Well, if I missed a shortcut, then some of the "wizard luster" suggested in my thread may be inappropriate. Got me.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked him if the new radios had some "capacitor" that retained the info when powered down and he said they didn't. :dunno:

Well, if I missed a shortcut, then some of the "wizard luster" suggested in my thread may be inappropriate. Got me.

Inappropriate Wizard Luster? Blasphemy!!!! No matter how he does it, it's commendable. Most shops I know of have no idea how to save the PCM memory, let alone stereo memory. Like I said, it's these little things, attention to detail that's a big part of Chuck's magic.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a sweet, caring guy! He usually does go above and beyond, and that is why everyone loves him.

Can't say I have ever sent one of our customers to him that they didn't come away impressed, happy, and feeling they were taken care of an exemplary manner.

Thanks for taking time to thank Chuck for doing what so many others would never think of.

Bill P
Woodhouse

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had the battery changed on my family car, they started the car and left it run while changing the battery. According to the mechanic, the reason they do this is to prevent changing the settings on the radio.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I echo all that has been said! Besides being just a nice, friendly guy (can't say that about that many other service people), he has always gone above and beyond what was asked for.

For me (having experienced years of Corvette/Porsche service people), he is a role model for what service people should be.:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456