Tell me your honest opinion

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my FIRST Viper, my RT, from this dealership personally. I drove up from San Antonio the morning before Thanksgiving 2007 to buy my Viper. They stayed late the day before Thanksgiving to complete the sale, showed me around the shop and helped me load the trailer (even with snow falling in the cold after dark). This place will only sell A++ cars. They put them on the rack and clean them like I have never seen before. Buying a used exotic from this place is the same as buying showroom new. Yes you can pinch a penny and buy from an individual, but here you are assured a quality no stories car that will be delivered in the best condition you will ever see it in again. Plus 4 years down the road I can still call them for anything, they have even helped me out with advise on pricing for cars I bought down the road from a private sale. Top notch dealer. Would not think twice about buying from again. Worth the premium. As said before if it is listed at a few thousand over what you saw it for last time, you are getting a wheel off showroom detail on it (well with an easy $1000 value) and they have overhead and advertising to pay for as well.

Grandfather always told me "You Snooze, You Lose" If you see the car you have been wanting for months or years and a gem pops up at a good price, jump on it or someone else will. It is not an impulse buy if you know what you want and what to look at when buying.

Buying a car at Premier is worth the small premium in my opinion.

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What a RT surprise

Chambers, why do you keep starting new threads on the same subject? Use your original thread so we can follow your evolving story.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought my FIRST Viper, my RT, from this dealership personally. I drove up from San Antonio the morning before Thanksgiving 2007 to buy my Viper. They stayed late the day before Thanksgiving to complete the sale, showed me around the shop and helped me load the trailer (even with snow falling in the cold after dark). This place will only sell A++ cars. They put them on the rack and clean them like I have never seen before. Buying a used exotic from this place is the same as buying showroom new. Yes you can pinch a penny and buy from an individual, but here you are assured a quality no stories car that will be delivered in the best condition you will ever see it in again. Plus 4 years down the road I can still call them for anything, they have even helped me out with advise on pricing for cars I bought down the road from a private sale. Top notch dealer. Would not think twice about buying from again. Worth the premium. As said before if it is listed at a few thousand over what you saw it for last time, you are getting a wheel off showroom detail on it (well with an easy $1000 value) and they have overhead and advertising to pay for as well.

Grandfather always told me "You Snooze, You Lose" If you see the car you have been wanting for months or years and a gem pops up at a good price, jump on it or someone else will. It is not an impulse buy if you know what you want and what to look at when buying.

Thanks. I apprieciate your insight.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to agree with this post as well. I too bought my first Viper from Premier. The gentleman that I worked with (not there anymore) was great. He talked with me for hours about the dealership and answered every question I had. The day I finally decided to buy the car I was interested in he was home sick but still was able to get all the paper work to me so we could get things moving. When the car showed up it looked even better in person then it did in the pics. It looked like I just bought a brand new car. You will no be disappointed if you buy the car in question. The only deal in top quality cars. :2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now they want to sale to me the Viper for high thrities after I told them I know where they purchased it from.

I assume that you are new to car buying, or maybe new to America. This is how a used car sale happens. Also houses. The seller asks for more than they will take. You offer less than you will pay. After some negotiation, you and the seller agree on a price, or you don't buy it. In some countries, this is done with virtually everything. I find it annoying; but, it is part of the free enterprise process. The seller is usually not trying to minimize his income.

Jim
aka, Capt. Sarcastic :smirk:

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i have a different experience to share about premier auto. i ran across this thread and decided to post to give people in the future a more balanced view of premier.

fwiw
i checked out a 2008 orange coupe there last winter.
he wanted 68k. no nav, no stripes.
i contacted the dealer and spoke to the owner and told him i was interestd but thought his price was high, as i had not seen a solid color car go that high, regardless of miles. he assured me the car was "perfect" and it used to be owned by his buddy or something.
this one had very low miles, i wanna say 1700 or so.
i told him my budget was mid 60s tops and would it be worth it for me to come down. he assured me it would.
i took my buddy who is a car guy and service writer to check it out.
we drove about 5.5 hours to check out the car. upon first glance the car looked perfect......except.....
the rear panels where the tail lights are didnt look right. my buddy and i looked the car over, doing a quick once over.
then i talked to the owner while my buddy continued checking out the car.
i told the owner i like the car and asked what his best price would be. he said he wouldnt go below 67k. i told him i was thinking more mid 60s and he told me 67 IS mid 60s.
we talked back and forth a bit more and i told him i wanted to drive the car. though it was winter, it was abt 36 degrees and dry out.
he refused. said it was too cold and he was afraid id crash it. i said fine, you drive. he said nope.
i got a bit bothered and told him i called him b4 coming out, told him i drove 5.5 hours to check out his car, hes 4k over going rate and i cant even get a ride in it???
just then my buddy calls out to me and says "take a look at this."
he found the reason why the back of the car didnt look right.
the rear bumper had a slightly different texture to the paint and there was a dried paint drip line that ran down the bottom of the bumper. there was overspray everywhere. the bolts inside the rear hatch were all wrenched on, you could tell from the bolt heads. the body panels where the taillamp assembly and quarters come together were not just right.
the owner said all vipers have overspray and the bolt heads dont mean anything. so my buddy shows him the paint drip under the bumper and shows him bolt heads all over the rest of the car that were pristine. all pristine except the rear where theres paint drip, misaligned body panels, ect. granted, you MIGHT not have noticed unless you really looked and had to look at the bumper from underneath to see the paint drip.
the owner acknowledged everything after he looked at it and said, "well i know it was never hit." i told him it wouldnt really bother me if they fixed it right.

by then it was about time to leave.
so as far as im concerned, premier isnt all rainbows and sunshine.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i have a different experience to share about premier auto. i ran across this thread and decided to post to give people in the future a more balanced view of premier.

fwiw
i checked out a 2008 orange coupe there last winter.
he wanted 68k. no nav, no stripes.
i contacted the dealer and spoke to the owner and told him i was interestd but thought his price was high, as i had not seen a solid color car go that high, regardless of miles. he assured me the car was "perfect" and it used to be owned by his buddy or something.
this one had very low miles, i wanna say 1700 or so.
i told him my budget was mid 60s tops and would it be worth it for me to come down. he assured me it would.
i took my buddy who is a car guy and service writer to check it out.
we drove about 5.5 hours to check out the car. upon first glance the car looked perfect......except.....
the rear panels where the tail lights are didnt look right. my buddy and i looked the car over, doing a quick once over.
then i talked to the owner while my buddy continued checking out the car.
i told the owner i like the car and asked what his best price would be. he said he wouldnt go below 67k. i told him i was thinking more mid 60s and he told me 67 IS mid 60s.
we talked back and forth a bit more and i told him i wanted to drive the car. though it was winter, it was abt 36 degrees and dry out.
he refused. said it was too cold and he was afraid id crash it. i said fine, you drive. he said nope.
i got a bit bothered and told him i called him b4 coming out, told him i drove 5.5 hours to check out his car, hes 4k over going rate and i cant even get a ride in it???
just then my buddy calls out to me and says "take a look at this."
he found the reason why the back of the car didnt look right.
the rear bumper had a slightly different texture to the paint and there was a dried paint drip line that ran down the bottom of the bumper. there was overspray everywhere. the bolts inside the rear hatch were all wrenched on, you could tell from the bolt heads. the body panels where the taillamp assembly and quarters come together were not just right.
the owner said all vipers have overspray and the bolt heads dont mean anything. so my buddy shows him the paint drip under the bumper and shows him bolt heads all over the rest of the car that were pristine. all pristine except the rear where theres paint drip, misaligned body panels, ect. granted, you MIGHT not have noticed unless you really looked and had to look at the bumper from underneath to see the paint drip.
the owner acknowledged everything after he looked at it and said, "well i know it was never hit." i told him it wouldnt really bother me if they fixed it right.

by then it was about time to leave.
so as far as im concerned, premier isnt all rainbows and sunshine.

Yea....that could be said for any car dealership. As far as Primeir I think I over paid for the car but it is what I wanted. I spent two days looking the car over. I drove it from Priemeir to maryland and I had no problems. Here is the way I look at it......if you are in business you need to make a profit to succeeed. I asked myself prior to making this deal how much profit was the dealership going to make off of this deal. I was willing to allow the dealership to make some profit , but I refuse to over pay for the car.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yea....that could be said for any car dealership. As far as Primeir I think I over paid for the car but it is what I wanted. I spent two days looking the car over. I drove it from Priemeir to maryland and I had no problems. Here is the way I look at it......if you are in business you need to make a profit to succeeed. I asked myself prior to making this deal how much profit was the dealership going to make off of this deal. I was willing to allow the dealership to make some profit , but I refuse to over pay for the car.

i dont begrudge anyone trying to make a profit, that wasnt my issue. my issue was i drove 5.5 hours one way to check out a car that i was told was "perfect" and i get there and not only was i refused a test drive, refused a test RIDE, but the car was obviously involved in a minor accident to the back of the car which wasnt fixed properly.
my point is that i dont care who the seller is, you need to go over stuff for yourself and not take their word for it.
2 people i would buy a viper sight unseen from are bill pemberton and bernie katz. thats it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2 people i would buy a viper sight unseen from are bill pemberton and bernie katz. thats it.

AGREED and i have bought a viper sight unseen from pemberton. it was even better than he told me it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper