Thanks JonB for my Stoptech Rotors!!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My BIGGEST frustration with this car is BRAKES. I went to the GenIII calipers on my 2001 and it just wasn't enough, so decided to go with the stoptech big brake pkg.

i cannot say enough about he brakes, especially the rotors. I have had more cracked rotors in the past year after 2 days at the track, and the 2 piece stoptechs are still in great shape after 3 solid days on a roadcourse.:2tu: Everyone kept telling me they would be less expensive in the long run and they are right.

Thanks JonB for the quick service and access to awsome Viper parts that I need...like...YESTERDAY! haha....and for being so flexible on payment....I emailed him Friday for replacement rotors and he shipped them out ASAP and sorted out the payment info later:headbang: He knew I had a track event and that I like to have spares on hand:)

DSCN2005.JPG

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My BIGGEST frustration with this car is BRAKES. I went to the GenIII calipers on my 2001 and it just wasn't enough, so decided to go with the stoptech big brake pkg.

i cannot say enough about he brakes, especially the rotors. I have had more cracked rotors in the past year after 2 days at the track, and the 2 piece stoptechs are still in great shape after 3 solid days on a roadcourse.:2tu: Everyone kept telling me they would be less expensive in the long run and they are right.

Thanks JonB for the quick service and access to awsome Viper parts that I need...like...YESTERDAY! haha....and for being so flexible on payment....I emailed him Friday for replacement rotors and he shipped them out ASAP and sorted out the payment info later:headbang: He knew I had a track event and that I like to have spares on hand:)

DSCN2005.JPG

They sure are pretty. One question though why did you feel the Gen III calipers weren't enough? I've always found them to be awesome on my Gen III. Do you think it has something to do with a mismatch between the master and the calipers?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They sure are pretty. One question though why did you feel the Gen III calipers weren't enough? I've always found them to be awesome on my Gen III. Do you think it has something to do with a mismatch between the master and the calipers?

yes, please explain as I feel the same. My gen 111 calipers on my gen 2 stop great but i dont track my car but I do have two piece rotors.
What was your previous set up, gen111 calipers and one piece rotors?

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GenIII calipers and one piece rotors I was running before were great...for the past year, but I kinda 'outgrew' them as I drove faster and started wanting to brake later. I kept cracking rotors, even with the cone cooling kit I just couldn't survive a weekend without a cracked rotor.

I just felt like I had too much weight and heat being generated at the wheels and decided to just cut to the chase and lighten up my rotating mass, get better air flow and heat dissipation. The rotors are 8 lbs. lighter than stock rotors and push a lot more air for better cooling and reduced fade.

Last weekend at Mid OH I felt like everything was SO much more 'in balance' with my driving style, I was confident braking later and I could FEEL there was a lot less rotating mass going on haha. Best part was after 16 sessions the rotors were ready for more!

Initial cost was a bit more than when I was buying slotted rotors...but since I keep reusing the hats and my rotors are gonna last LONGER, I can tell this is going to be more cost effective for me.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you look closely at Leslie's system it is a six piston front and a four piston rear. The ST system is design-balanced for the OE plumbing and proportioning. They can pop your contact lenses out when you hit the binders...

Thank you for the kind words............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper