the best brake system for srt10

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a viper srt10 2008 and im looking forward to upgrade my stock brake pads and rotors

So what is your recommendation?

I prefer slotted and dimpled brake rotor

I saw these rotors and ceramic pads in www.theviperstore.com

www.theviperstore.com/images/ViperRotors134.jpg

www.theviperstore.com/images/ViperRBP35.jpg

What do u think about them ?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to depend on your idea of the word "Best". A lot will depend on what you plan on doing with the car. Are you just going for looks? Street driving? Track events?

I wish I could be of more help, but I am in the same boat. I plan to do a lot of street driving, and track days so hopeully someone of more knowledge will chime in here!

-Tim

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT Viper have very good brakes and nothing really needs to be changed on them. For track rats it is reccomended to change the fluid to Motul. You can add the ACR slotted rotors for an upgrade. Brake dust is the only problem with the brakes, but there is a price for that performance.

Bruce

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mintex pads up front.
Brakeman 3's in back.
Stoptech 2pc. slotted rotors

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The one drawback to aggressive brake pads is they can sometimes squeal bad during regular street driving.
As long as you can live with that, you will love how hard the mintax or brakeman bite

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one drawback to aggressive brake pads is they can sometimes squeal bad during regular street driving.
As long as you can live with that, you will love how hard the mintax or brakeman bite

They also tend to not work very well until they are up to a good operating temperature, so cold stops will suffer. Track pads are exactly that...track pads. I'd never use a track pad on the street when these pads are so easy to swap.

Reaction score
Nothing has better initial bite then the Carbotech pads IMHO. They are also the only pads on the market with non corrosive brake dust so even though they do dust they won't harm any of the finish on the wheels or the sides of the car especially with the heat generated at a track day. The track worthy pad selection though will squeak on the street.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing has better initial bite then the Carbotech pads IMHO. They are also the only pads on the market with non corrosive brake dust so even though they do dust they won't harm any of the finish on the wheels or the sides of the car especially with the heat generated at a track day. The track worthy pad selection though will squeak on the street.

Does the "better initial bite" also hold true for their street pads, or just their track-oriented offerings? I personally think the OEM pads bite very well on the street, but I could do without the dust.

Reaction score
I run them on my DD and think they are great as well, but their heat dissipation capability is nothing like a track pad.

Does the "better initial bite" also hold true for their street pads, or just their track-oriented offerings? I personally think the OEM pads bite very well on the street, but I could do without the dust.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed, that's why I have a set "street" pads and rotors that I put back on the car between outings on the track. It's a very simple swap, even a dunce llike me can do it. :smirk:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Raybestos ST43 or ST44 both front and rear. These are track pads but I leave them on for the street too. A little squeal sometimes but not bad. They wear great, seem easy on the rotors, and have awesome stopping power. I've tried going less agressive in the rear but I did not like it at all. Brakes did not slow car as much as when I used the same agressive pad front and rear. I've tried Brakeman and SBC but they seem to create brake pedal chatter (like the rotor was warped).

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish someone would conduct a test of the various compounds in controlled conditions to see which pads stopped the best, which pads squealed the least, which pads dusted the least, and which pads were friendliest on the rotors. This would be very useful information. A brake pad supplier I know has some of this data but not for a Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss