The GA, AL/TN, etc. Mountain Run/BBQ is back at Tony's!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Chip had the honor of announcing the AL/TN, GA trip to slay the Dragon's Tail in May, I'm announcing this one :D June 27, 2009 is the date that we'll again invade Tony and Sharon Armour's house for a day of free food, drooling over his garage and enjoying the pool and view from atop the world (Tony lives on the top of a mountain for those who haven't been to his house before)....and drooling over a whole lot of Vipers :D Here's pics from the last 2 years:

2008:
Pics from the VCA BBQ

2007:
Pics of the GA, AL/TN Mountain Run and BBQ

If anyone from other regions would like to come, you are invited! Just please let me, Chip (uvbnbit) or Tony (1Tony1) know ahead of time, so we can buy extra food :D

For those wanting to spend the night, get your reservations in early. Tony's house booked up quick last year! Hotel info for any over-flows will be announced in the near future. Depending on interest, we may look into a private 1/8 mile track rental on Sunday near Tony's! If you'd be interested, let one of us know and we'll get rates from the track!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the hotel info for anyone planning on staying over Sat. night. Same place we stayed last year.

Hampton Inn
1000 Market St
Dalton, GA 30720
706-226-4333

Group rate is $90/night. (a little cheaper than last year). Deadline for reservations is June 19th.
Got Sunblock?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang. Going back to Cincinnati that day. Turns out they are opening up the city one more day, and it happens to be on June 27th. :D

I'll be there, plus one.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have us an invite to a private car collection on Saturday evening before we hit a restaurant in downtown Chattanooga. I have only been there one time briefly and was in awe of the building....of course, the cars too. I am trying to get some pictures sent but I can tell you that this building is 20,000+ sq ft on the car collection level plus 5500 sq ft of shop space on one end. Oh yea, it's on 131 acres of lakefront property. It's been some years but I recall tile and carpet flooring and an old gas station front in one corner. Pretty amazing !!

For dinner Saturday night, thinking about Jet Stream Grill - Chattanooga, TN
Locally owned by one of the TV weathermen. Not fancy as far as dress goes but good food. It is about one block from where we ate last year.

Last edited:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the hotel info for anyone planning on staying over Sat. night. Same place we stayed last year.

Hampton Inn
1000 Market St
Dalton, GA 30720
706-226-4333

Group rate is $90/night. (a little cheaper than last year). Deadline for reservations is June 19th.
Got Sunblock?

There is also a motel next door that is normally $40 or less per night. It's no Hampton but I have certainly stayed in worse ..... on Viper trips too.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be driving down through Georgia Firday the 26th but my destination is Anna Maria Island on vacation with family. Not sure the Suburban and trailer could keep up with the Viper there Jason but your car would improve the landscape if we drove down. Im going straight down 75south through atlanta etc. Its a thought maybe but depends on what time you are wanting to leave?:dunno:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon, not sure on the time we're leaving. I took the whole day off so we could leave in the morning and take our time going down. Do you know what time you're leaving?

Chad, I talked to my cousin 2 weeks ago and it's cool that we stay at his place. He's even going to let me borrow the garage for the night, so I'm set there. What time are you getting into Hotlanta that day?

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon, not sure on the time we're leaving. I took the whole day off so we could leave in the morning and take our time going down. Do you know what time you're leaving?

Chad, I talked to my cousin 2 weeks ago and it's cool that we stay at his place. He's even going to let me borrow the garage for the night, so I'm set there. What time are you getting into Hotlanta that day?

I normally get there around 3pm, so I miss all the 5:00 traffic, but I could get there earlier if you decide to come in way earlier that day. You bringing wifey with you?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally get there around 3pm, so I miss all the 5:00 traffic, but I could get there earlier if you decide to come in way earlier that day. You bringing wifey with you?

As of now she's still planning to come with me. I'll have to find out when we're leaving.

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Chip had the honor of announcing the AL/TN, GA trip to slay the Dragon's Tail in May, I'm announcing this one :D June 27, 2009 is the date that we'll again invade Tony and Sharon Armour's house for a day of free food, drooling over his garage and enjoying the pool and view from atop the world (Tony lives on the top of a mountain for those who haven't been to his house before)....and drooling over a whole lot of Vipers :D Here's pics from the last 2 years:

2008:
Pics from the VCA BBQ

2007:
Pics of the GA, AL/TN Mountain Run and BBQ

If anyone from other regions would like to come, you are invited! Just please let me, Chip (uvbnbit) or Tony (1Tony1) know ahead of time, so we can buy extra food :D

For those wanting to spend the night, get your reservations in early. Tony's house booked up quick last year! Hotel info for any over-flows will be announced in the near future. Depending on interest, we may look into a private 1/8 mile track rental on Sunday near Tony's! If you'd be interested, let one of us know and we'll get rates from the track!

Would someone PM me or post Mapquest link and/or directions for the BBQ? :eater:

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a plan to meet anywhere before going to Tony's place? Or, is everyone just meeting up there?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard some people are meeting in Hotlanta Saturday morning to drive up. Other than that I'm not sure.

Less than 2 weeks!
:drive:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got information on a special guest coming in from south Florida === Cudaman !!

p.s. If anyone is doing a mountain cruise with Chad....... PLEASE bring a GPS this time. :D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will leave from Atlanta at 8:30am from Andretti's Speedlab. The address for Andretti's is:

[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]11000 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, Georgia 30076 USA
Telephone: 770.992.5688

Please bring 2 way radios and GPS units with you if you have them and show up with a FULL TANK OF GAS!! We will run the mountain/backroads to Tony's so we will have plenty of scenery to enjoy on our way up.

As a bonus, Tony has tentatively arranged for us to tour an amazing car collection in Chattanooga on Saturday night before we go to dinner!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The[/FONT] building is 20,000+ sq ft on the car collection level plus 5500 sq ft of shop space on one end. Oh yea, it's on 131 acres of lakefront property. For dinner Saturday night, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]we will probably eat at[/FONT] Jet Stream Grill - Chattanooga, TN[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] . It is l[/FONT]ocally owned by one of the TV weathermen. Not fancy as far as dress goes but good food. It is about one block from where we ate last year.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

For those of you who spend the night, we will get together and eat breakfast Sunday morning and then do some more mountain cruising before we head back home. The hotel where everyone is staying is at:

[/FONT]Hampton Inn
1000 Market St
Dalton, GA 30720
706-226-4333

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you plan on attending the BBQ, please let me know so Tony will have a good estimate of how many people to expect and can order enough food! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
If you have any questions, please let me know![/FONT]

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just booked a hotel room so I think I'm all set.

Chad we will be meeting up with your group Saturday morning for the cruise up from Hotlanta.

:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave