The inability to post in regional forums for non-paying members.

Discussion in 'Board and Site Questions/Suggestions' started by Magnus_, May 22, 2012.

1. georgethedog

georgethedog Viper Owner

Someone started a thread today that wanted to throw anyone but VCA members off the entire board... That's the entire opposite of this thread. Interesting...

2. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Viper Owner

Pay or don't pay. your choice
    It is that simple

Bruce

3. georgethedog

georgethedog Viper Owner

I don't mind that there are parts of this forum that are for paying members. Fully understand. It's just interesting that we have 2 competing threads... Although, I think Austin slammed dunked the other thread.

4. Magnus_

Magnus_ Viper Owner

5. Camfab

Camfab Viper Owner

I think it's a great forum and hope that nothing changes, IMHO. I was on the Corvette Forum before joining this one, I'm glad this isn't the Corvette Forum. This is a club based Forum, and yet you can access just about every category. So you can't access the local forum, big deal. You can still leave posts about anything you want to any local member or non member. You can post details about suspension set up or whatever you want. I really don't understand what all the complaining is about.

Seriously if you have such great ideas, you can start your own forum............what's stopping you. Really what do you mean a third forum wouldn't succeed? Is it that your real intentions are to make money on other enthusiasts, you did mention that you were a sponsor?

6. MTGTS

MTGTS Viper Owner

There used to be an owner status which was confirmed by vin# through the website. Not sure what why it went away.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  7. Magnus_

Magnus_ Viper Owner

~2500 active online viper owners isn't enough to be split amongst 3 separate forums.

My real intentions certainly are not to make money on other enthusiasts. I'm a HUGE advocate for enthusiasts.

I think that this forum is a really great place with just a few things that I feel could be improved, that's all. Hopefully my suggestions are at least read.

8. Camfab

Camfab Viper Owner

Ok, I understand you want to help. Other than not being able to post in one or two categories what would you do to improve the site? I don't understand what the problem is with 2500 online users? What difference does that make? If your intentions are genuine, who cares if you have only 10 users on your site. Does everyone have to leave a site to join another one, I just don't get your point here. I'm reading your posts and wondering what's the problem here? Why do you have to be an "Enthusiast Advocate" wtf, you sound like a politician.

Post all the cool things youv'e been doing with your car and just be a car guy. If that's not your intention and your trying to change the site, then for gods sake at least join the club. You sound like you have an agenda my friend, your not even a member and your messing with the clubs politics.

9. sun diego

sun diego Enthusiast

What happens on these forums, is a guy makes some coin and gets a Viper. He is the richest on his block, has the fastest car on the block and knows more about cars than all the Camry owners on the block. He then comes on the forums with ego from that, and finds it's a much bigger block.

He is used to being treated as special, and here he is just one of many, so he wants some exclusivity. Someone then dared to call him the D word!

10. Austin

Austin Enthusiast

I miss being able to post in the regional forum, as it was a way for me to join in with the Houston/Austin guys. Now, instead of being able to post in one thread with all of the guys close to me, I have to PM/text/call everyone to get info, or be left out. I do not own a Viper, so Im sure my post is mute and void to most reading it.

11. georgethedog

georgethedog Viper Owner

Now, that's an interesting slant. Right now I am the smartest person typing this particular message. I feel good about that too... LOL