The Junkman Touches His First Vipers!

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman where are you located? Do you get to Bloomington Gold in June for the Vette show?

I'm in Louisville, KY, and I am ALWAYS at Bloomington Gold. I keep the car parked right at the tent. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

Jeremy Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon, I honestly get the satisfaction when the owner is pleased. I don't charge for what I do at these shows, I just have fun showing others how to do it and seeing a project come together. As a lover of a fine looking automobile no matter the make, I know how happy the owners are when they see their baby fixed. That's the real blast for me. :2tu:

This is a picture of the paint on a 1970 Road Runner. The owner was very proud of this car but wanted to do something with the paint because it looked dull to him. The kicker was, he had just recently had it painted. If you look at the picture, you can see where someone who had no business using a buffer, created holograms all in the paint. It was horrible in person. When he pulled the car up to the booth, I just about passed out. It was horribly swirled up and the paint looked like it was shined up with a orange Hersey bar. I didn't have any of my more heavy compounds or polishers so I had to show him how to fix it with a orbital. It took a minute but here are some pics (they really didn't capture just how bad the paint actually looked):

This is what I was able to pull off:

He was like a man who had finally found the holy grail! :rolaugh:

That's the whole fun for me. I love to see a project come together like that.

Beautiful work! :rock:

Those are the marks of a true professional

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If any of you are looking for Adam's products and don't feel like hanging out with the "other team" this weekend @ Carlisle, join me at the Wheels of time show in Macungie PA.

I am the Adam's Philadelphia dealer and carry the full line. Not quite a master yet like AJ, but can def. help you with any of your detailing techniques.

I am also a site sponsor so in a roundabout way, purchasing Adam's products through Thompson Racing helps support the VCA!

I'll be meeting up with Adam and AJ Friday night and see what we can work on. I will start working on getting Adam more involved with the VCA.

We're super busy lately, but I'd like to setup a detail clinic with The Junkman soon in Doylestown, PA.

Email me at [email protected] for any of your needs.

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the time it is all said and done, I'm gonna know PA like my own backyard!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a road trip up to Long Island Junkman, we'll get plenty of Vipers together for your visit..:)

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind hooking up and showing you guys how it is done but one thing, I don't actually detail cars for money. I'll do all your cars for free, but the only catch is that you will have one of the shiniest, half a fender in the state! :D

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind hooking up and showing you guys how it is done but one thing, I don't actually detail cars for money. I'll do all your cars for free, but the only catch is that you will have one of the shiniest, half a fender in the state! :D

If you decide to do a New York trip too, let me know, I can get the rest of the fender done. By the middle of next year I can have my whole car done:omg:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Junkman I saw you this weekend at the Atlanta Motor Speedway! Watched you for a few minutes working on that black vette. Did you get to take your vette on the track?

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide to do a New York trip too, let me know, I can get the rest of the fender done. By the middle of next year I can have my whole car done:omg:

:rolaugh: :2tu:

Hey Junkman I saw you this weekend at the Atlanta Motor Speedway! Watched you for a few minutes working on that black vette. Did you get to take your vette on the track?

Did you see me wet sand all those scratches out of that fender? As for the track, let's just say that I dabbled a little between the blocks! I had a sweet little honey go with me on 10 of my 20 laps!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFM2iWUo5w[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tzj1YAsC8[/media]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave