Reaction score
View Flyer:
You must be registered for see images attach

:usa:LETS GET SOME AMERICAN MADE VIPERS OUT TO SUPPORT THIS:usa::headbang:

The "Metal" of Honor

A Benefit for Louisiana's Wounded War Fighters
and the Surviving Families of Those Killed in Action.

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 11AM - 7PM Southside Café and St. Tammany Fire District No. 1 are proud to present "Metal of Honor" - a day of tribute, thanks and fun! Come join us as our community assists Support Our War Heroes, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, in their efforts to provide for Louisiana's wounded war fighters and the surviving families of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

Featuring:

Vintage Fire Trucks, Law Enforcement Vehicles and Military Vehicles

Live Music!

Spotted Dog, Crowe Brothers Band, Trick Band and Witness

And More!!
Silent Auctions, Libations, The 610 Stompers and THE FINEST CARS AND BIKES IN LOUISIANA. It's entertainment for the entire family!

Come meet

CHRIS KYLE, USN

former SEAL Team 3 Member

Author of

"The Autobiography of an American Sniper:

The Story of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History"

http://www.metalofhonorslidell.com/

Last edited:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: Lets get some flyers to hand out @ the cruise nite on the 28th. at Clearview Mall in Metairie. :drive:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea, we should be able to just print them from the website I believe. Think you will be in town on the 22nd? I have already registered for the car show and contacted them about sponsorship. Looks like a great event!

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Metal" of Honor

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea. I hope you have an awesome turnout!
That second picture has the coolest artwork with the reflections in the goggles! :2tu: very well done.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good idea, we should be able to just print them from the website I believe. Think you will be in town on the 22nd? I have already registered for the car show and contacted them about sponsorship. Looks like a great event!

Oh Yea, I'll be in town. Will make this show then cross lake to make Cruise Nite @ Clearview. Busy Day. :drive::burnout:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Is the Clearview cruise nite on the 22nd of September also? Thought they moved that event to North Shore Square Mall now?

No, The Custom Cruisers will never move the cruise nite. Been going on for 25 yrs. Always the 4th. sat nite. March until Oct. which is the "SOB" (Sherriff's Office Benefit) end of yr. car show.
There's a cruise nite this sat. @ North Oaks Shopping Center off I-12 in Hammond Sat nite & a cruise nite in Kenner On Williams Blvd. near Vets Hwy. I'll go to the Hammond cruise nite since it's close to my house. :drive:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it! I had them confused with the Coastal Cruisers. They moved to a new location in slidell at the mall. (Slidell, LA. Coastal Cruisers Cruise-in NEW LOCATION at North Shore Square Mall in front of Sears. (take exit 80 off I-12, North Shore Blvd./Airport Dr.) Slidell, LA. Cruise night, 1st Saturday of each month, 6-9pm. Hosted by the Coastal Cruisers Car Club.
Info: Terri 985 863-9256 or Brenda 985 639-9919 Year Around)

Is the Hammond cruise nite by the "Golden Oldies"? (Hammond, LA 2nd Saturday Golden Oldies Cruise-in at Hammond Square Mall 5pm - 9pm. $2 entrance fee for show cars... spectators Free. )
All cars welcome? Maybe head that way tonight if I get a chance, only about 35 mins. from me.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Got it! I had them confused with the Coastal Cruisers. They moved to a new location in slidell at the mall. (Slidell, LA. Coastal Cruisers Cruise-in NEW LOCATION at North Shore Square Mall in front of Sears. (take exit 80 off I-12, North Shore Blvd./Airport Dr.) Slidell, LA. Cruise night, 1st Saturday of each month, 6-9pm. Hosted by the Coastal Cruisers Car Club.
Info: Terri 985 863-9256 or Brenda 985 639-9919 Year Around)

Is the Hammond cruise nite by the "Golden Oldies"? (Hammond, LA 2nd Saturday Golden Oldies Cruise-in at Hammond Square Mall 5pm - 9pm. $2 entrance fee for show cars... spectators Free. )
All cars welcome?Maybe head that way tonight if I get a chance, only about 35 mins. from me.

:headbang: Yep, went to it & they had a pretty good crowd. All cars welcome. They had a bunch of really nice vets also. Used to go to the Coastal Cruisers Cruise nite on Gause Blvd., but the last time I went, the guy at the gate wouldn't let me in. Said it was too new of a car. Haven't been back since. :nono:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: Yep, went to it & they had a pretty good crowd. All cars welcome. They had a bunch of really nice vets also. Used to go to the Coastal Cruisers Cruise nite on Gause Blvd., but the last time I went, the guy at the gate wouldn't let me in. Said it was too new of a car. Haven't been back since. :nono:
Good to know, maybe try to make those sometimes. I was not sure if they would let newer cars in at the Golden Oldies show. Car running good now? Bet its good to be behind the wheel again. Let me know when you have some time and we can meet. Talk to ya soon.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good to know, maybe try to make those sometimes. I was not sure if they would let newer cars in at the Golden Oldies show. Car running good now? Bet its good to be behind the wheel again. Let me know when you have some time and we can meet. Talk to ya soon.

Planning on going to the cruise nite Sat on Williams Blvd. in Kenner ( about 3 blocks south of Vets Hwy) around
6;30 pm. (with or without car). Still working on it, & hope to take it. (Unless it rains, I don't like to drive it in the rain). If you can make, I'll look for you. :drive::burnout:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on going to the cruise nite Sat on Williams Blvd. in Kenner ( about 3 blocks south of Vets Hwy) around
6;30 pm. (with or without car). Still working on it, & hope to take it. (Unless it rains, I don't like to drive it in the rain). If you can make, I'll look for you. :drive::burnout:
Was just looking at the calander and the North Shore Mustang Club is have an open cruise in right here on Hwy. 21 in Covington Sat. from 5-9.( Covington, LA Northshore Mustang Club, Open Cruise Night, March - September, Winn Dixie Parking Lot 70431 Louisiana Hwy 21, Covington North of I-12 between Pinnacle Pkwy. and Hyacinth Dr. www.northshoremustangclub.com)

See how the day goes, may check out the close one. All this rain really *****:crazy2: Ready for some nice weather:drive:

OP
OP
H

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP.......................................
View Flyer:

:usa:LETS GET SOME AMERICAN MADE VIPERS OUT TO SUPPORT THIS:usa::headbang:

The "Metal" of Honor

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 from 11AM - 7PM Southside Café and St. Tammany Fire District No. 1 are proud to present "Metal of Honor" - a day of tribute, thanks and fun! Come join us as our community assists Support Our War Heroes, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, in their efforts to provide for Louisiana's wounded war fighters and the surviving families of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

Featuring:

Vintage Fire Trucks, Law Enforcement Vehicles and Military Vehicles

Live Music!

Spotted Dog, Crowe Brothers Band, Trick Band and Witness

And More!!
Silent Auctions, Libations, The 610 Stompers and THE FINEST CARS AND BIKES IN LOUISIANA. It's entertainment for the entire family!

Come meet

CHRIS KYLE, USN

former SEAL Team 3 Member

Author of

"The Autobiography of an American Sniper:

The Story of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History"

http://www.metalofhonorslidell.com/