THE NEW SRT-10 Coupe: Will Dodge Do Cert Program ?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 3 years ago, I HATED Dodge for giving those damn viper owners first pick at the new viper. I wanted it sooooooooo bad, but they were all spoken for, I even worked out a deal with a dealership up North, just to get one under someone else's cert. Thank god for me, the one car I said I would give up my srt-10 dream for was a 2002 Viper GTS ACR with Graphite and Silver Stripes.

Well my poor ACR is lonely, and I am iching to buy a second Viper, however, I just cant bring myself to get screwed on the Dealer Mark up thats going to inevitably occur with the first year release of this coupe.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF (GLAD IM IN THIS GROUP NOW) CURRENT VIPER OWNERS WILL GET FIRST RIGHT TO THE CARS LIKE THE ORIGINAL SRT-10'S ?? It would be a dream come true if thats the case.

And since I missed out the first time, what is the process so i am READY for it this time (if its going to happen).

Praying...

Jon

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each time Dodge has done a "Coupon Program" that favored the VCA Membership, they took alot of crap from the dealers, who feel closed out of the process. My dealer for my 03 was fairly bitter, even though he gave me a GREAT deal. If they choose to do it again, (third time) I'm sure the dealers will have a small revolt. The main reason was because THEY got NO cars the first year. They had nothing to have in their show room to draw people in, or to sell.
I understand their position, but like you, I sure hope current owners get the first shot!
PBR
#10 of 50

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we (previous owners) do account for over 70% of the buying population for Vipers, so the newest Mag says. So if they are working so hard to appease us, why not keep this excellent program going. Only seems fair, espcially to us new viper owners like me (2 years), to get a shot.

Sure would be nice..

Jon

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It used to be, that convertibles were less expensive than coupes, unless it had an optional hard top. But now it seems like converts get more just for being a convertible. Also automatic trans cost more, but not anymore. At least that's the way it is with Corvettes.

BUT, I wouldn't jump on the new Coupe bandwagon yet, because it looks like a cross between an SRT and a GTS. They need to stick with one or the other. IMHO the SRT-10 looks better than the new coupe, and I'm a Coupe guy. They need to stay with the GTS-R design no matter what crash testing proves out to determine.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just saying that every car that I can think of that has a coupe/convertible option is more expensive in convertible form. I also can't think of anything that was introduced as a convertible first with a coupe that followed. Mostly they are either introduced as a coupe with the more expensive rag top option a year or two later or simultaniously with the rag top as a more expensive option. It just seems a bit like a DC clusterfak.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the coupe is only 1k over the convertable...do you guys expect that there will be a lot of used srt-10s for sale flooding the market and dropping price even further?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they follow the last pattern (which worked) all ORIGIONAL owners (that still own)their Vipers would be given the first shot, via a mailing. You fill out the info and FAX that sucker back to HQ as fast as you can dial a FAX! These giet date adn time stamped, adn if you are in time, you might get one of the first years production. Note- nobody has said WHEN these might be produced!
BUT
I would not hold my breath.
PBR
#10 of 50

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish that Ferrari would catch on to this Chrysler mentality. It would be nice to see some nice 360 Spyders selling for low 100's.

Yea, and ditch the $7200 bill for a 30,000 mile service. Then I might buy one.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The New coupe is around $83000--Supposed to be out in Oct 05 No added HP same as SRT/10 Conv. Looks exactly like the one we saw at VOI#8. Dodge should have upped the HP to keep ahead of the Z06. The Z06 is around $65000 and if price matters those guys will by them. I have owned a few vettes and don't care if it 500 HP or 550. i was one of those guys who didn't have a coupon who put down a $5000 deposit only to find out the dealer couldn't get me one. Only problem I have is I bought a 04 Red in April and then was picked for #22 0f 50 VCA Special editions. Now with 2 Vipers I don't want or need 3. Maybe the next version of the coupe in 2010? ;) :confused: ;) If I get a coupon for both of my Vipers I'll gladly give you one.