The September #0 Cape Cod Cruise (9/30/2012)

Rapid1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a VOI Alternative I'd like to propose the following trip around the Upper/Mid Cape Sunday September 30 2012.

With stops for Lunch and perhaps picture taking, it will be a 5-6 hour round trip.

My thought is to have folks gather at the Information area near the Coast Guard Station on the Cape Cod Canal in Sandwich-
For those with a GPS - 1 Coast Guard Road Sandwich, MA 02563 before 11:00 AM.

I'd like to be wheels up by 11:15 We will take the scenic/historic RT 6A east through Sandwich, Barnstable and Yarmouth.

We can stop for Lunch around 12:45 in and around Yarmouth ( I am currently calling into a couple of places, but will need a head count if I make a reservation.)

We will continue the route across Union Street into West Yarmouth/Yarmouth onto RT 28N.

We will continue along RT28 onto Main Street in Hyannis. If the group would like to stop this is a pretty cool Cape Cod Main street and there are a couple of areas where Viper's can park.

We will be close to the Kennedy Memorial in Hyannis Port and may elect to take a right hand turn to go see it.

The driving rout will continue along RT 28 into Centerville where we will take some back roads on our return to Sandwich.

I suspect we will wind up back at the British Beer Company in Sandwich where we can say our goodbyes, or enjoy a dinner there.

Watch for an updated e-vite.

That is my plan- as always Radios and road captains are welcome!
The weather is leaning toward overcast, but dry. (will watch closely for us)
My contact info-
[email protected]
Cell: 617 308 7530

OP
OP
R

Rapid1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far it looks like brightening sky's and a chance of showers. No heavy rain in the forecast.

Let's get a head count today!

E

OP
OP
R

Rapid1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep it's raining! But the Mazda Miatas came out. I may go drive with them for a little bit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 12