The skys are clearing and Vintage WWII aircraft to land in Westchester 9/26 till 9/29

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this up because Sundays weather is looking better? :2tu:

"History buffs, Veterans and aviation enthusiasts will have a chance to check out a vintage B-17 Flying Fortress, a B-24 Liberator, a B-25 Mitchell and a P-51 Mustang this weekend when the rare bombers and fighter make a stop at Westchester County Airport as part of the Collings Foundation,s "Wings of Freedom Tour" :usa:

The Collings Foundation is a nonprofit educational organization that sponsors "living history" events. Foundation spokesman Hunter Chaney descrbed the "Wings of Freedom Tour" now in its 19th year, as "a flying tribute to the flight crews who flew them, the ground crews who maintained them, the workers who built them and the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines they helped protect." The planes visit about 110 cities in 25 states each year. Visitors can see the plains at Million Air, 136 Tower Road, Hangar M from 10:00am to 5:00pm.

The public can explore the plains inside and out for a requested donation of $12 for adults and $6 for children 11 and younger. Flights in the aircraft can be arranged for between $400 and $3200, depending on the plain and the lenght of flight. The cost is a tax-deductible donation. For more information and reservations on flights, call 1-800-568-8924. Log on to The Collings Foundation - Stow, MA to learn more about the plains and the foundation."

I'll be there! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The skys are clearing and Vintage WWII aircraft to land in Westchester 9/26 till

Great day, a little wet early on but the sun came out! :D Baz and I had a good time today! Baz thanks for popping over for the day! :2tu: Pictures to follow! :cool:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The skys are clearing and Vintage WWII aircraft to land in Westchester 9/26 till

On and off rain ALL DAY here. Too bad. Jesse and I were looking forward to this.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:omg: Hey Scott you missed a great day (it was just like good ole England) LOL:D.........

Had a great day Chuck .....

About half way home now at 28k ft with a nice cup of tea and some biscuits:eater:... satalite phones are great you can even use the link up to check the important things in life the VCA:2tu:!!!!!!!

Heres a few pics.....

Chhers for lunch Mr T next one is on me:headbang:

You must be registered for see images

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And the last few

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baz you got some good pictures [better then mine]! By the time you get home you'll be ready for a proper English breakfast! :meal: You taking the day off or are you going in to bark some orders? :slap:

Lunch is always on me "ole bean"!! :smirk:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those Mustangs look bad..About the P-38 I notices there are a few jumper seats and next to them it says HOMO..Is that where D will be sitting if I take it for a ride?:rolaugh::eater:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang