Think I'm getting back in to a Viper! Will I like a 2006?

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 3 Vipers in the past 1994-1996 and a 2000 all RT/10's I started my own business 6 years ago and sold the 2000 with 8000 miles. I have an opportunity to buy a 2006 SRT10 with 7000 miles. I've done a little research and it looks like the 2008 is a much better car but car for car it seems they're about 5k to 8k higher.

Will I regret an 06 over an 08? I love the color of the car I'm considering (Blue)

Do you still get cooked out with stock exhaust?

Is there anywhere to put your clutch foot when cruising? I'm buying the car for a weekend get away car.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks Brett

jjhammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Brett, I just had the same dilemma. If the cars were comparable with the options that you want then I'd pay the extra for the gen 4. In my case I found a great gen 3 in the color that I wanted. For everyday driving I don't think I'd miss the upgrades, and for the money I saved I'm adding garage floor tile and possibly a lift (if I can fit it in the garage). Hope this helps. Also I just drove it 4 hours from Vegas with the top up and the cab was comfortable without exhaust heat.

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I made the deal so I'll be heading out on a 6 hour drive in a couple days. I traded the guy some money and my 07 Vette. He's happy and I'm happy. This car is the color I wanted and the miles are super low. I liked my 2000 RT/10 so I hope I will like this newer car a little better. It will be nice to be able to put the top down and carry some luggage if I go away for the weekend. That's what we're using the car for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave