Thinking about purchasing extended warranty, but...

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an extended warranty for my '08 coupe (2009 in-service date), but I'm a bit hesitant. My worst fear is that I'll buy it, something will break, and there will be no Viper techs around this area worth taking it to to have it fixed under warranty.

So my question is this: are there any decent Viper techs in the Dayton/SW Ohio area? It looks like Adventure might have a decent service department, but that is about a 4 hour drive, and if I'm needing warranty work done, chances are that a 4 hour drive would be out of the question.

I realize that an extended warranty is kind of like an insurance policy where you might need it and you might not, but I don't want to throw that kind of money down the drain due to a lack of Viper techs in the area. Any feelings one way or the other?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adventures viper tech is great. He's actully the father of one of our membership directors. He has worked on my cars and i trust him with my viper without question. Now...a four hour drive is a bit much. Contact daytonprowler (VCA oh president) as he lives in te Dayton area and see who he uses on his viper. I think he knows someone at arena dodge.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 Coupe as well. I thought really hard about the extended warranty and passed on it. I do all my own oil changes and can mechanically fix about anything myself. I had two previous Vipers, a 94 and a 98. Got extended on both of them and never used it. I figure I can spend the $1600 on something if it pops up and maybe still be safe. I know it's a big gamble. Good Luck

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The faulty window regulators alone in the Gen 3's and 4's made the extended warranty an easy decision for me. I bought a lifetime warranty for the 2010--Dave