Tire Glosser $#%$@%$#!

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had it with the tire glossers. I've tried many of them, and the tires look great. I let the stuff dry overnight. Then, a quick drive around the block and I have to clean out the wheel wells from all the crap slinged off the tires.

Anybody got something that works?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use "no touch" but about a half hour ater spraying I wipe the tires down. not too glossy just looks like new tires.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you!! I had the same issue until recently.

I don't spray the products directly on the tire anymore. I now spray the product on a rag and rub it deep into the tire. I have done this for the past 3 weeks and never have issues anymore. It also goes on more evenly and I use much less product. It makes them look like new tires rather than that soaking wet look....that always causes splatters. I use Meguiar's NXT Insane Tire Spray. No more splats!

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the tire sprays that sling off are the silicone based products. Water based ones,Armor All, dont last as long but the product doesn't end up being splattered on the side of your car after a drive.

I tried some brand of tire gel that looked great after it was first applied. After a short drive around town though, I had dirt and small rocks stuck to my tire that made them look like sugared doughnuts.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did recently read something about using a mix of water and sugar on tires..

Last edited:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: Why ruin the ruber with silicone products causing rubber deteriioration shorter life,slippery tread etc.Shiney tires are for garage queenies and not drivers.Real drivers don't have glossy tires.They are for ricers,low riders etc. GTS Bruce

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Adam's VHT on mine. They sell little grey sponges that you apply it with. It works great, lasts quite awhile and doesn't fly off. It's not real shiney but makes the tire look like it was new. My 2 cents worth.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use turle wax tire wax. Works great no slinging and no mess

Vipers9500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use a water based dressing applied with a Lake Country foam tire dressing applicator. Spray versions can get airborne and drift onto other surfaces during application.

The key is to wipe off any excess dressing that accumulates in the grooves at the outer edge of the sidewall of the tire. This excess slings first on the fenders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave