Tire Recommendations

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, how about a topic on tire recommendations for SRT with 18" fronts and 19" rear. Tire Rack seems like a great resource to use in that regard. Right now the choices are very limited without changing the rears to 18". Are there any new tires on the horizon that would indicate keeping the 19" size (Pilot Sport Cup, Hoosiers, drag radials, Kumho, etc.). I am planning on getting a set of new wheels/tires sometime in the near future. If I knkew a new tire was forthcoming I might stay with the 19", otherwise I am inclined to go back to 18" to increase tire selections.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while the 18" rear option is enticing the parking brake caliper might cause some issues .... you will need to either remove it or at the very least relocate it to run 18" rear wheels .....

but, as you mentioned at this time the only street tire available is the Pilot Sport in either the zero pressure version or the standard version

JohninFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like the rumors about sticky 19 inch tires becoming available from Kumho or Hoosier with the intro of the Z06 have never materialized.

any one have any NEW rumors regarding this topic?

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after speaking with both Kumho and Hoosier ...

they are developing 19" stickies and we should/will see something in the spring or early summer from both companies. We do not expect Yokohama to provide a sticky in 19 any time soon

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news. Thanks and keep us posted.

Now even more indecisive regarding buying new wheels and tires. Guess mine can last a month or two into the next driving season though.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE are having meetings with several tires suppliers this later this month ... hopefully I will have news then

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the note about the Hoosiers - any news on the Kumho? The challenge many face with the SRT is that it has 19" wheels on the back. Throw a Paxton into the mix and many are forced to downsize to 18" wheels and relocate the e-brake. Especially to get traction on the street (which rules out the upcoming Hoosiers). Any updates?

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made my decision - I switched to 18". Now I have some tire choices. And less rotating, unsprung weight to boot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62