Tire size

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have black SRT-10 convertible 2006 (sorry for my bad english, I'm a french guy :)

For trackdays in 2012 :drive:, I would buy new wheels in 18 all around. May be OZ-Racing (I've already contacted John B.). But I have a question for tires ? I like Toyo R888 because I know very much this tire on other cars (Caterham CSR, Honda S2000...).

On Viper, what's the correct size for front and rear ? 295/30 and 335/30 ?

And your advice on Toyo R888 for trackdays ? Good tire for Viper ? (PS : I had Pilot Sport Cup in 2011 with OEM wheels).

Thanks for your help :smirk:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you doing track days in Europe or are you living in the US or Canada? The Toyos were run by all the cars in the World Challenge Series and were universally hated, as they wore out and got greasy way too early in the races. I would stick with the stock size of rims and get a set of Michelins again, or Hoosiers. You will have to relocate/change the rear emergency brake caliper if you go to 18s and there really is not a big advantage in my mind going to 18s, as you still are not going to rotate them around. Stay with the 19s in the back and use a 295 in the front --- or even a 305.

Think about what the ACR uses and a slew of dedicated SRT Engineers sure have proven their skill and merit!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow thats the most intelligent satement i have heard on this forum about raceing tires n wheels in years- i vote for bills advise

OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you doing track days in Europe or are you living in the US or Canada? The Toyos were run by all the cars in the World Challenge Series and were universally hated, as they wore out and got greasy way too early in the races. I would stick with the stock size of rims and get a set of Michelins again, or Hoosiers. You will have to relocate/change the rear emergency brake caliper if you go to 18s and there really is not a big advantage in my mind going to 18s, as you still are not going to rotate them around. Stay with the 19s in the back and use a 295 in the front --- or even a 305.

Think about what the ACR uses and a slew of dedicated SRT Engineers sure have proven their skill and merit!!!

I live in France (Paris). I do track days in Le Mans, Magny Cours, Le Castellet, etc. May be Nürburgring this year :)

I post this message because I've seen many people on this forum have 18 all around for track days.

Thanks for your help. May be it's finally better to go with black ACR wheels with stock size and Cups (I prefer 295 in front).

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This last summer I purchased a set of OZ's And hosiers for autocrossing my gen 2.( also a set of sway bars) I went from consistently placing about 10th to finally coming in first by 3 seconds. ozzy's are 1 inch wider in the front

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The OZ's are 1 inch wider in the front ,I run 315 30's and335 35's. absolutely no rubbing issues even when lowered.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This last summer I purchased a set of OZ's And hosiers for autocrossing my gen 2.( also a set of sway bars) I went from consistently placing about 10th to finally coming in first by 3 seconds. ozzy's are 1 inch wider in the front

From 10th to 1st and by THREE FULL SECONDS? In an AutoCross? WOW !!!!! Am I missing a decimal place?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a fish story to me mr tail lights- did you get that name after you bought the "majic" tires n wheels.....

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO believable if he was 10th place in a very tight field
race tires have consistently been proven to be 2-3 seconds faster than most street tires. That along with the lower unsprung weight of our OZ Racing Challenge wheels and the wider front tires ...

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm responding a couple of months late in response to a couple comments, about my autocross win by 3 seconds. this was not an scca event by any means. just the local washington viper club event. I went from 8 year old pilot sports( not ps2's) to the brand new heat cycled 315's & 345's. also I have to mention that Clint with his 800 horsepower viper did not show up, but I beat the president's car and he's within a half a second of clint.P.S. my car still plows , any and all tips will be appreciated

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala