Titan Motorsports 6-Speed Supra - 9.52 @ 156mph on Drag Radials!!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I do most of the work on my car myself. I did buy my current Supra with many of the mods it has (saved around $20K doing so) but the previous owner didn't do many of the mods to my standards so I have been redoing them.

When you make even 800 HP at the crank feel free to email me, hopefully I have not died of old age by then
smile.gif

By the way, the 7,000+ HP Top Fuel and Funny cars are not really "domestics" as they use CUSTOM engines that have ZERO to do with GM, Ford and Chrysler, why do you think there's a Funny car Toyota Celica running this season? You don't see me telling you about that 7,000+ HP Toyota, do you
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NosLaser:
&lt;&lt;&lt;First of all notice the "" on my post. Second, good luck making the 1800+ HP the HKS Supra in Japan has made with it's Twin Turbo Lexus V8 motor. I don't dispute that a SBC, or a small block Ford or Mopar, can make 1800+ HP but I seriously doubt YOUR V8 will EVER make that much power, or even the ~1025 HP my own car makes.
You need to chill, you are sounding very jealous.

By the way, you would be susprised how much $$$$$ (not that much) I have into my car and the same power I make can be done for a lot less than I have into it.&gt;&gt;&gt;

First off, I'd never be jealous of some lowly arrogant Supra owner with too much money to throw at his car. How much of the work did you do yourself? I'm not looking to make 1800+ HP with the car. It's still going to take me to work and back on nice days. But I guaren-dam-tee you it will make over the 1025 yours makes to the WHEELS. How can you argue that? It will have more motor, and more turbo, and more fuel. It's really basic 'Supra'. And you also bring up the HK$$$$$$ Supra that makes 1800HP with a Twin Turbo V8. There are domestic V8's making over 7 THOUSAND horsepower, so put that in your Pupra and smoke it.

Happy day,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;&lt;Actually I do most of the work on my car myself. I did buy my current Supra with many of the mods it has (saved around $20K doing so) but the previous owner didn't do many of the mods to my standards so I have been redoing them.
When you make even 800 HP at the crank feel free to email me, hopefully I have not died of old age by then &gt;&gt;&gt;

Well, my 4 cylinder import made 500HP at the crank with extremely minor mods (you can ask Doug Levin about this car's existance if you'd like) so I don't see why with 3.7 liters MORE displacement, and 4 more cylinders, I won't be able to make twice the power easily with major mods. You won't die of old age, don't worry. I may not have your money, but the car will be completed in 2 years time with no problems, and will be very much twin turbo, and very much 4 digit horsepower. Keep in mind, I'm 22 now, make decent money for my age, but am not financially secure enough to drop umpteen thousand dollars into my Supra. ;) My Laser traped 129mph; how fast was YOUR car when you were 22?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yawn
redface.gif

Who cares about your hp numbers? Post your time slips, last I checked there were no prizes for most dynojet hp.

PS. Guilly, buy the Viper already.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA! I'll get a Viper sooner or later, hopefully sooner
smile.gif
I got to be able to afford both the Viper and the Supra as I don't want to get rid of it. I have run a pretty "decent" time with my Supra already, 10.4 off NOS on drag radials. But I didn't get the car for 1/4 miling anyway, that's why I don't even have a rollbar on the car, in fact it has seen the track only 6 times. When I get my Viper I won't get it just for 1/4 miling it either although I will take it to the track as I do enjoy drag racing.

NOSLaser, I don't doubt your DSM is quick, I had one (1995 GSX that was featured in Sports Compact Car) and I know they have a lot of potential. And when I was 22 my car was nowhere near as fast as your car, I had a 4 year old non turbo 4 cylinder 1989 Dodge Daytona (I have liked Doges and Mopars for a long time) at the time I was putting myself through college and even then I could hardly afford that car
smile.gif
I do know LT1's and a lot of work needs to be done to them to make the kind of HP #'s you speak of. It is certainly not impossible and has been done before but it won't be easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
Yawn
redface.gif

Who cares about your hp numbers? Post your time slips, last I checked there were no prizes for most dynojet hp.

PS. Guilly, buy the Viper already.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;&lt;NOSLaser, I don't doubt your DSM is quick, I had one (1995 GSX that was featured in Sports Compact Car) and I know they have a lot of potential. And when I was 22 my car was nowhere near as fast as your car, I had a 4 year old non turbo 4 cylinder 1989 Dodge Daytona (I have liked Doges and Mopars for a long time) at the time I was putting myself through college and even then I could hardly afford that car I do know LT1's and a lot of work needs to be done to them to make the kind of HP #'s you speak of. It is certainly not impossible and has been done before but it won't be easy.&gt;&gt;&gt;

I aplogize for coming off harshly..I hate the internet. It's nice to see that you too were merely human at age 22. ;) As far as the LT-1 is concerned, I am definately aware of it's shortcommings, and that's why I won't be using an LT-1. I will be building a race motor on a stand, likely to use a Dart block, AFR heads, custom ground cam, dry sump oiling system, convert to a timing belt, etc. Plainly put, I do things right, and that's why it takes me longer. But yes, it very much will make well over 1000 wheel HP.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need for apologies
smile.gif
Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan. I am more than merely human now, in fact I'm probably doing just a bit better than average otherwise I would be a "baller" like many of the members from this board who own Vipers and also have other nice sports cars (Porsches, Ferraris, Vettes, Supras, etc.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NosLaser:
&lt;&lt;&lt;NOSLaser, I don't doubt your DSM is quick, I had one (1995 GSX that was featured in Sports Compact Car) and I know they have a lot of potential. And when I was 22 my car was nowhere near as fast as your car, I had a 4 year old non turbo 4 cylinder 1989 Dodge Daytona (I have liked Doges and Mopars for a long time) at the time I was putting myself through college and even then I could hardly afford that car I do know LT1's and a lot of work needs to be done to them to make the kind of HP #'s you speak of. It is certainly not impossible and has been done before but it won't be easy.&gt;&gt;&gt;

I aplogize for coming off harshly..I hate the internet. It's nice to see that you too were merely human at age 22. ;) As far as the LT-1 is concerned, I am definately aware of it's shortcommings, and that's why I won't be using an LT-1. I will be building a race motor on a stand, likely to use a Dart block, AFR heads, custom ground cam, dry sump oiling system, convert to a timing belt, etc. Plainly put, I do things right, and that's why it takes me longer. But yes, it very much will make well over 1000 wheel HP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I own a pair of DR's but not slicks. If I were more serious into drag racing I would get some slicks and put a roll cage on the car to make it legal.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom32v:
SO you guy's have kissed and made up?.....Why run on DR'ss in a 800+rwhp car..? (reading your sig. Supra)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;&lt;SO you guy's have kissed and made up?&gt;&gt;&gt;

Yes, although Supra's one of those wet kissers. I had to use 3 paper towels. Bleaaaack!!!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats an awesome pass but aren't race cars supposed to run like that? Not to dog anyone one but I see true street mustangs that run 9's all the time. Its well known that supra's make big power when you build them, and I was watching the import drags the other night on tv and they had a stock appearing eagle talon run 9's at about 145 I think it was the first time a car in that class ran 9's.If you can drive it to the track pull in the lanes and run 10's and then drive home thats impressive, if you can do that and run 9's thats ureal.If you have to trailer it to the track and run special gas and tires because its a racecar well it ought to run big numbers because thats what racecars do.Spend enough money and a tractor will run 9's, as a matter of fact MIR raceway in maryland is going to have a 7 second freightliner truck run this weekend.I think what separates a viper from the rest of those cars mustangs, supras etc. is its as delivered performance right off the showroom floor.I've had the 9 sec street mustang and never want another one.Since I mentioned it, what is the off the showroom floor performance of a supra?

opticzo6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin D lay off the vette jokes man!!!! hahah.. Did you get that Nitrous system hooked up yet? As for all this SUPRA stuff all I have to say is **** that is a fast beaaachhhh. All I need is a new bottom end and a 30 pound turbo running race gas and I can be fast to. Nice number again. Martin we need to go out and run your slow boat to chine against my POS again soon...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rated at 320 crank HP stock, most do ~300 RWHP, they are underrated much like the Viper. I ran a 12.91 @ 106 MPH in my first automatic Supra before mods on the stock Michelin Pilots it came with, definitely not a threat to a GEN II Viper and still slightly slower than a GEN I Viper.

Jamie, there are a few true street 9 second Supras out there, ones that are driven to the track and back with all the accessories and no weight reduction. My own car is a 100% full street car, nothing has been removed and the car doesn't even have a cage, I drove the car from Phoenix, AZ to the Las Vegas Supra meet and ran a 10.41 @ 139.6 MPH on drag radials without NOS, I then drove the car all the way home
smile.gif
I was running race gas for that pass, but I always run ~40% race gas as I run as much boost on the street as I do at the track. A friend's gas station (He owns a Viper GTS ACR and 2 Supras among other cars) has 101 unleaded ocatane at the pump about 5 minutes from my house which makes it convenient.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
325 HP stock, mid-high 13's...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Supra I think that is awesome, but don't you agree you really can't compare modified cars? there are so many levels of modification, and I think to a certain level modification is a good thing it separates you from everyone else, until you go to far.Then you have these guys who say how good their cars run but forget to mention all the mods, and in my opinion you can build anything and when you do it better run better than stock. I also know a couple of guys with 10 second supra's and they have spent a bunch of money and there cars are not reliable at all.Maybe yours is built better or you are just lucky I don't know.My point being nothing beats the reliability of stock cars and when fast cars continuously break and have problems that takes all the fun out of it, at least for me.I have no doubt that you can build a reliable supra that can wear out a stock viper at the dragstrip no doubt.I also know for a fact there is no such thing as a reliable 9 second car, and I like supra's and I like mustangs, but I don't care what you do to them they will never be a Viper and whatever the Viper gives up to those modified cars in straight line performance, it will more than make up in style and reliability and roadcourse performance.The best things about a viper to me are the looks and the showroom stock performance nothing can touch it, they are cars you can take off the showroom floor and go to watkins glen or some track along those lines and be competitive, the other cars we are talking about are straight line only and have to be modified to do the straight line like a viper.And don't you agree if a guy wanted a 9 second viper its not that hard, but it is expensive because of the kind of car it is and most people don't care.My car has been 10.5 at 134 on a street tire and 10.8 at 132 on a pirelli pzero
regular radial on 93 octane unleaded and my car is not the level of some of the more serious cars. It is all stock, gears ,exhaust , everything except a 5 psi blower.Now I am positive if I wanted to go 9's I could port my heads, put on headers and exhaust, gears, and up the boost to 12 to 15 pounds and a good set of slicks I should easily go mid nines, and if I took out the 6 speed and put in a torqueflight I am sure it would go deep in the nines and if it didn't I should take a match to it and burn it to the ground.At this point it becomes a race car and it is supposed to run those times and that is exactly why I won't do that to my car, because the car becomes one dimensional and looses all its manners and streetability that makes it what it is in my opinion, there is more to a car than 1/4 mile.Now if 1/4 mile is
your mission cool, but I think most not all, but most viper guys will tell you its not theirs.Good luck with those 9 second runs you are difinately too quick for me.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, the more HP you make the less reliabe the car will become, specially if you take the car to the track where it will get abused.

My car is pretty reliable but certainly not as reliable as a stock Supra.

Also noticed I have not compared my car to a Viper, I love both cars.

The Supra is no 1 trick pony. In 1997 Car and Driver had an issue with the "Best Handling Cars over $30K", on the road course the Viper came in 1st (no surprise), the Ferrari 355 2nd, the Corvette C5 3rd, Supra TT 4th (.2 seconds behind the Vette even though it's supposed to have 25 less HP and weighs 200 more pounds with smaller tires to boot), the Porsche Carrera S 5th, the NSX 6th, the M3 7th and the Boxster 8th. They ran the car at like Watkins Glenn I believe. They of course claimed the NSX as the best handler because it "felt" better, whatever.

In another issue of Car and Driver, I think 3/97, they tested a Supra TT and it got the best stopping distance of any production car they had ever tested. Supras always do well in this area as the brakes are phenomenal, 12.6" rotors all the way around with 4 piston fixed calipers up front and 2 piston fixed calipers on the rear. I have read that Toyota contracted Brembo to do the brakes on the car, much like they contract Recaro for seats.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Well Supra I think that is awesome, but don't you agree you really can't compare modified cars? there are so many levels of modification, and I think to a certain level modification is a good thing it separates you from everyone else, until you go to far.Then you have these guys who say how good their cars run but forget to mention all the mods, and in my opinion you can build anything and when you do it better run better than stock. I also know a couple of guys with 10 second supra's and they have spent a bunch of money and there cars are not reliable at all.Maybe yours is built better or you are just lucky I don't know.My point being nothing beats the reliability of stock cars and when fast cars continuously break and have problems that takes all the fun out of it, at least for me.I have no doubt that you can build a reliable supra that can wear out a stock viper at the dragstrip no doubt.I also know for a fact there is no such thing as a reliable 9 second car, and I like supra's and I like mustangs, but I don't care what you do to them they will never be a Viper and whatever the Viper gives up to those modified cars in straight line performance, it will more than make up in style and reliability and roadcourse performance.The best things about a viper to me are the looks and the showroom stock performance nothing can touch it, they are cars you can take off the showroom floor and go to watkins glen or some track along those lines and be competitive, the other cars we are talking about are straight line only and have to be modified to do the straight line like a viper.And don't you agree if a guy wanted a 9 second viper its not that hard, but it is expensive because of the kind of car it is and most people don't care.My car has been 10.5 at 134 on a street tire and 10.8 at 132 on a pirelli pzero
regular radial on 93 octane unleaded and my car is not the level of some of the more serious cars. It is all stock, gears ,exhaust , everything except a 5 psi blower.Now I am positive if I wanted to go 9's I could port my heads, put on headers and exhaust, gears, and up the boost to 12 to 15 pounds and a good set of slicks I should easily go mid nines, and if I took out the 6 speed and put in a torqueflight I am sure it would go deep in the nines and if it didn't I should take a match to it and burn it to the ground.At this point it becomes a race car and it is supposed to run those times and that is exactly why I won't do that to my car, because the car becomes one dimensional and looses all its manners and streetability that makes it what it is in my opinion, there is more to a car than 1/4 mile.Now if 1/4 mile is
your mission cool, but I think most not all, but most viper guys will tell you its not theirs.Good luck with those 9 second runs you are difinately too quick for me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>