Title Trace

RS16017

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a 1995 RT/10 some years back and have always been curious about it. It had a salvage title on it when I purchased it. The individual I bought it from had bought it from an insurance auction and repaired it. The damage did not look substantial enough to me to total out a $40K car. The guy I bought it from showed me everything that was done and I checked it over myself and was satisfied with his information. The car runs great and has never given me any problems. It only has 32K miles on it. I verified the mileage via carfax when I bought it and the carfax listed the accident it was involved in. What I wanted to know is, how could I do a title search for the previous owner of the car. I'm still puzzled as to why it was totalled unless it was wrecked during the commission of a crime and the lien holder repossesed it before it was sold at a police auction. And if this might have lead to the issuance of a salvage title due to circumstances. Sounds far fetched I know but still I wonder.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235