• Yes, looks good

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No, not for me

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My build is (finally) almost finished. Thinking about adding a little something to the exterior to give it some pop. Been thinking about stripes, but admittedly... outside of a blue coupe or an ACR ... I haven't been completely sold on having a striped car.

What do you think? Stripes or no stripes?

You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really a huge fan of stripes on a convertible...I think it's really important to have them flow over the roof of the car, which just isn't possible without a hardtop.

With that being said, if you do decide to do stripes, I think flat black or graphite stripes would be best against black

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for it and I second the suggestion of graphite. I would just go the OEM route and DO NOT carry the stripes through the rear diffuser.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to say.

I'm not really a huge fan of stripes on a convertible...I think it's really important to have them flow over the roof of the car, which just isn't possible without a hardtop.

With that being said, if you do decide to do stripes, I think flat black or graphite stripes would be best against black

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely stripes and contrary to what some people think, they look good on verts too :D

I agree. Vert or coupe, stripes give it that final WOW factor. My GTS Blue w/white stripes vert is awaiting it's hardtop from Steve Dreyer as I type this.
I also agree with Hank on the stripes flowing on the roof - one of the reasons I dropped 3K on the hard top. For me, it's the best of both worlds. :)

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely.

You must be registered for see images

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of stripes either, but that color combo (black w/graphite stripes) looks sick.

I would definitely go for that subtle look personally but it's your beast! Good luck! :2tu:

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think? Stripes or no stripes?

That's really a question that makes no sense to ask anybody but yourself. Personally I think it is the lamest boy racer looking stupid thing that can be done to a Viper. Judging by the amount of stripes I see here, my opinion is obviously not shared by many. But what does either of those opinions mean to you if you either like or dislike stripes yourself??

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think I'd be on the fence if I had a coupe. Stripes just look better over a roof IMO... but dang that graphite looks great 10Banger!! Over the Vipair hood, it's just mean.

Absolutely.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's interesting looking at the straight-on front view of 10 ******'s car... my first impression is "Gen IV Coupe", then I look closer at the top and it morphs into a 'vert. Best example of a 'vert posing as a coupe I have seen... I like it! :2tu:

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing 10 Bangers I'm now considering stripes on mine. Looks Great!

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the stripes look good. As for flowing with the colors of the top....ehhh....the top should be down anyway!

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a coupe? It's a no brainer -- stripes.

On a convertible? Looking back I'm quite happy that I found a blue no-stripe convertible before I found a blue striped convertible.

That said, on a black car I've always though stripes looked better. They break up the car a little. Still looks good either way though.

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no stripes on convertible....
now, stripes on coupe are cool, but if it is a daily driver, best to avoid stripes.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235