Tommy Kendall

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Read your note and wondered about the implications, and I missed Wind Tunnel. Was hoping it was an announcement that Tommy would be the next driver and sure enough it is announced on Speed today, and what great news. Thanks for posting this as there were those of us that hoped he might be in the running when he was invited to the unveiling of the new Viper in April. From his interview it sounds it was not approved at that time and he had to compete against 14 others. His tests went well and this is fantastic news for alot of his fans!!

Way to go and it reminds me of a fellow racer who for years had taped on the dash of his car, " What would Tommy Kendall do?"

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too cool. Tommy's a great driver and a great guy to be around (knew him in high school). Glad to have him on board with SRT.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty cool to have 3 Americans ( RHR, Tommy and Canadian Kuno Wittmer ), and rumors are there may be one more US driver to come?

Hope they announce it soon, but what a great group of superb talent SRT has rounded up. The GTS-R has everyone pumped up, but the driver lineup is so spectacular it has just increased the enthusiasm to a fever pitch. For those of us that are die hard sports car racing enthusiasts, the news concerning the new Viper racing in ALMS just keeps getting better all the time!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I saw this posted on the ALMS site I was excited as TK is an awesome driver and a good spokesperson even though he has been out of racing for quite sometime. Interesting to see who will be the sixth driver selected. Only wish Scott Pruett was available from the Rolex series.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea , if Pruett would sign up maybe we could get a discount on his wine for VCA members,ha.

Wow, would that be a match up, Kendall and Pruett.
I actually buy Scotts wine as they are very good especially his Championship edition red. We spoke a lot about wines at this years 24 hour race. He and his wife are really into their vineyard and his racing almost comes second to the grape growing. His custom VW van is really cool too.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Gunman, as we have alot of VCA members that are Canadian, and they can find it a bit offensive when we say we are Americans, as they are too. North Americans if you like to be more specific, but appreciate you commenting on that as the Canadian members I have met are super guys/gals ! Remember that, members in the USA, as a nice comment to a Canadian usually means they will offer you a beer. This could come in quite handy in Charlotte, ha,ha.