Too many wrecks every spring and fall.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:(I think its 3-4 cars each spring and fall. Would be nice to see the stats posted. Or a VCA contest predicting how many Vipers will be wrecked this spring and how many in the fall? Must include the manufactured year too. Would help to make some more aware of the situation they are getting into with cold temps,tires and road. GTS Bruce

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe the amount of people who dont wear a seat belt when driving a viper. The air bags are only designed to deploy in a frontal collision within 30 degrees of the vehicle center line. (impact has to hit front of car to work correctly) Also, most people do not know the seat belts have a small pyrotechnic seat belt pre-tensioner system. The seat belt will actually take up slack and pull tight if you have a collision or roll over.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the 3 to 4 cars unless priceing continues to go down. that will enable younger less experienced drivers a chance to get behind the wheel of a powerful car.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stats would only be interpretable if compared to spring-fall accident rates of "normal" cars. I'll bet they go up, too.

I'm with Garron (although I don't think Gen 1-2 have pyrotechnic seatbelt tensioners) that we should chastise anyone and Viper owners in particular that don't wear seatbelts. There cannot be any reason to excuse or condone this.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even i dont condone not wearing a seatbelt. i didn't wear one till about 3 years ago but religiously do since.

stupid people do stupid things. thats why we hear about all these wrecks IMO. if it happens to me, id be the first to say it was my stupidity

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have a Viper (yet!) but I do have a snake. My 2003 Cobra always comes off the road from October 1st - April 1st. People ALWAYS break my balls about how I took the car off way to early but if you ask me, Id rather be safe then sorry!!! I should bring a photo album along with me of cars that have crashed during this season so they see why Im so cautious.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack here. but, I really dont understand the "it was the cold tires fault" thing.. Yes, We all know If your tires are cold OR old, they become hard, and need to be repalced (if old) or wamred up (if cold). Either replace/warm them, or drive accordingly, or not at all. No throttle on corners, smooth throttle application,etc,etc,etc,etc... Isnt this just common sense?? Its like saying I got into an accident, and it was the snows fault..

WRONG... it is ALWAYS the drivers fault, in a 1 car collision..

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack here. but, I really dont understand the "it was the cold tires fault" thing.. Yes, We all know If your tires are cold OR old, they become hard, and need to be repalced (if old) or wamred up (if cold). Either replace/warm them, or drive accordingly, or not at all. No throttle on corners, smooth throttle application,etc,etc,etc,etc... Isnt this just common sense?? Its like saying I got into an accident, and it was the snows fault..

WRONG... it is ALWAYS the drivers fault, in a 1 car collision..

EXACTLY. Enough with the cold old tires bullsh*t excuse.
If you don't have the common sense to dial it back in the cold weather get the hell out of any car, especially a Viper before you kill an innocent person.
Don't want to see anyone hurt but losing it on a straight road...you really have to be negligent or there is a mechanical issue with the car.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt hurt to be cautious during this time of year, why chance it? Before you know it, there might be a thread about YOU (any VCA member).

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Oct taking the car to a local grade school per student request for a show and tell. Temp around 40 deg F outside. Using the throttle like you were trying not to squish a tomato the car would start spinning the rears even in 3rd gear. GTS Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX