Top Gear USA Trailer

Discussion in 'Sneaky Pete's Place' started by LucimerOhmZ, Aug 10, 2010.

1. LucimerOhmZ

LucimerOhmZ Enthusiast

2. Ratical2

Ratical2 Viper Owner

Pretty cool! The Viper gets quite a bit of air time there and come to think of it, so does the poor caddy... or is that considered "hang" time!

3. alpine7822

alpine7822 Viper Owner

While it looks interesting (and lots of face time for the Viper...at least in the trailer), the History Channel website makes no mention of it as either a current show or something that's upcoming. You'd think they'd have the trailer and something about it coming soon.

4. Kevan

Kevan Enthusiast

Looks like it won't suck TOO badly.
    I'm okay with Tanner, but I need to see more of the interaction with he and the others.
    That's what really made the original a winner: the deep mocking between the hosts.

Another thing I hope they do is drop a TON of American-isms, as they do with UK- and Euro-isms in the original Top Gear.

Tanner's racing background brings some legitimacy to the tests that I think the UK-version might be lacking. Clarkson, Capt. Slow, and The Hamster testing cars look more like kids taking dad's badass ride on joy ride (which isn't really a bad thing...heh heh).

I'll put in my vote for Jim and Kathy Stout to be the American Stig. :D

5. Pythonpete

Pythonpete Viper Owner

Either way I'll watch it. Can't get enough car shows on TV in my opinion.

6. woosch

woosch Viper Owner

I got to hang out with them while they filmed part of the Viper episode, should be very cool when it airs. Now we just have to figure out when that is....

7. TheMilkman

TheMilkman Viper Owner

I have become a recent fan of Top Gear and am hoping the American Version just won't plain suck. I think what I like about top gear is that the hosts are in their 40's and 50's and are people that can afford and desire some of the cars they test out. The antics they play on each other are really great too.

I am worried the US version will have younger hosts and will end up missing the demographic that like to watch that sort of show. Either that, or it will be slanted to a NASCAR red-neck crowd and each week will feature someone in a mullet racing an old POS Camero around the woods.

Oh, oh and they better have a Viper club invite to check out the Top Gear USA test track!! :headbang: