Topic, To Viper Or Not to Viper?

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 Cars and I want a Viper. The Problem is, I cannot find a Decently priced viper. So I must Sell one of my cars inorder to get one.

#1 Sell the Ford Focus, Pay the DMC Off, Then Get the Viper.

Leaves me with my Delorean, and Ford Focus

#2 Sell the Delorean, Keep the Ford, Use the extra 4k from the Delorean inorder to place a down payment on a New Or Newer Dodge Viper.

Leaves me with the Ford, and the Viper

#3 Sell All Cars, Get the Viper (not to practical because I live in MN!)

4# Wait a Bit, Keep the cars and then in 2k4 get a viper.

What do you guys think?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really depends on what you're looking for. To me, it sounds like you're desperate to just "Viper"! I'm not sure how attached you are to either car, but from an outside looking in, I'd keep the Focus because it's newer. That means more reliable, less for parts, less for insurance. But if you are attached to both cars, get an '04 or buy which ever year you want! Good luck.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your Delorean have a cruise control that follows the white line down the middle of the road, i know it was optional on the car? J/K get what you like! the SRT is much more sophisticated and comfortable, and dont get me wrong, fast as hell! Just as an aside a friend who lives near me his father was John Delorean's atty., and kept him out of the pokie

OP
OP
A

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DMC is a Driver, its got 55k miles and is reliable as hell! (hell is very reliable) I only put it in storage for winter, although its impervious to rust.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said Chuck

Sell all cars, buy a pickup truck, a trailer and a Viper. You know what to do next.

Sell both cars, get a crappy S-10 pickup and TWO vipers.....oh wait...that's been done...

But seriously, punt the Delorean, keep the focus for a dd...get a low mileage GenII...Plenty of us here in MN and on this forum to help you find a nice one...

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only advice I would give you(which may not be economically possible for you)is to do what I tend to do-just add more cars to your collection!

OP
OP
A

AviSarfaraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats What im going to do. I found a couple of buyers for my focus, its nice weather right now so im going to sell the focus and put the DMC on the road for this spring, summer and fall.

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your Delorean have a cruise control that follows the white line down the middle of the road, i know it was optional on the car?

Actually it came with a hood ornamant shaped like a spoon, and it came stock with snow tires. Instead of "HONK, HONK" the horn goes "TOOT, TOOT".

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dump the Focus before it dumps you. I'm on 18,000 miles and averaging a problem once every 1000 miles. Different stuff, unfortunately. The Focus is crap, plain and simple. Eevn leaves rust marks on my driveway after a rain at all 4 corners. Can see the tire tread outline in the rust spot, on my driveway.

Done bashing, drop the Focus. Drop the 'D' as well. Once you drive the Viper in the spring/summer/fall, your 'D' won't get much use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets