Torque spec - GTS Shocks

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aloha all, wrapping up my Eibach install and was wondering if anyone had the recommended torque specs for the upper and lower shock bolts?

Any help is appreciated.

Mahalo, Dave

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the OEM mounting bolts, the 2002 manual says to put the wheels and tires on, put the full load of the car on the suspension to get the car to its design height; and on the front, torque upper and lower bolts to 100 ft-lbs; and on the rear; torque the upper to 100 and the lower to 140 ft-lbs.

OP
OP
E

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet. That sounds like it's gonna be hard to reach the bolts, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks brutha Jim!

OP
OP
E

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jim, thanks for the 411. Buttoned everything back up in about an hour and torqued per the spec you gave. Already dropped one inch. I'm sure as it settles, it will get nice and snug. Mahalo!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1998 manual says 100 ft lbs and that is how tight I always put top and bottom. It is pretty dang tight. Remember to load all the weight on that particular corner before you titghten the bottom so the rubber bushing around the lower bolt is not twisted when you set the car down (the manual says if you do not do this it will change the height of the car - I don't believe that - but it could wear the rubber bushing out faster).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala